best Thai seafood restaurant in Bangkok?

hawaiijohn

Some great places down by River City and in some of the major hotels such as the Regent Madison House.

However, my personal favorite is the Seafood Supermarket on Sukhumvit Soi 24. You cannot miss this place. Huge with seating for about 500. It is great fun in a group getting your shopping cart, selecting your seafood, vegetables, etc. and having it cooked close by in an open kitchen.

It is not that pricey unless you purchase some of the more expensive wines.

Agree with Sarisin 100%....Every time I go to Bangkok I have at least 1 night there....

For me, I always sit outside (far right from the entrance) as it is in garden and is much more pleasant than inside....

Sanukboot.

If you want to get away from the downtown touristy places try this, Ban-Klang-Nam. Phone 292-0175, or 292-2037/8. Highly reccomended, great views over the river, alot cheaper than the sukhumvit places and excellent food and service.

Difficult to find, its near the Montien Riverside Hotel at the end of Soi 14.

Cheers

Roger

somboon has several branches; another one is at ratchada.

i like the yokyor marina at chao phraya river (opposite sheraton on the thonburi side)

have to agree on the soi 24 market; high quality but rather pricy. there are several seafood restaurants in sukhumvit area. the one at the asoke corner (on the new rachada side) is overpriced. further up sukhumvit (between soi 14 and 12) is a chinese seafood restaurant; good quality and reasonable prices; another option is savoey (entrance from soi cowboy further up asoke or soi 23 on both sides)

Archived