Angels Disco

potica69

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been for a while but 2am seems the norm lately...did close at 1.30am sometimes, i've also been there and its closed at 3am, no idea why it varies so much. It always amazes me it's so popular, it really is a dive...bad music, overpriced and no one is there for the atmosphere! Amazing what you can do in LOS if you are known as a pickup joint. The profits that place must make!!!!!

Thanks for the info. The last time I was there was 2001, and the place closed around 1:00 on the Saturday night when I arrived in BKK. Since my flight came in at 11:45 P.M., by the time I arrived at the Nana Hotel, showered and headed downstairs to Angels, it was closed and people were all leaving.

Interestingly, the bulk of the crowd marched directly down the road to Thermae, and I followed. Again, there's always an overabundance of ST & LT in BKK.

My last trip, about six weeks ago, I landed at Don Muang about 11 PM. Got to the hotel around midnight, had to get housekeeping to bring up an extension cord. So I couldn't get out until 12:45 AM.

Angels was out of the question. I was on Sukhumvit Soi 11. Just for fun, I walked up to Cafe Thermae. I saw what I figured was the door guy haul his stool downstairs, and I was sure I'd hit closing time, but I tried the door anyway.

No, they were still open, party still going. I picked up a beer, took a walk around, got three-quarters of the way around the room, and this sweet young thing caught my eye...

And the rest is, as they say, history. I didn't even finish the beer. (Hey, I'm not a beer drinker to begin with.)

For the record, the girl turned out to be GORGEOUS as well as enthusiastic.

Archived