Patpong Rocks in low season....

buddha

Thanks. This is useful.

I heard the girls describe the owner of the Soi Cowboy bars you mentioned as a "khack". Not that it matters, but I assumed he was Arab; didn't know he was Iranian (the things you learn here). The drinks are a bit more expensive in those bars, but I still kind of like most of those bars. One of the BGs who works in Deja Vu used to work in Pretty Lady, and she said the mama-sans in Deja Vu were much stricter than the mama-sans in Pretty Lady.

I assume closing times, shows (not suggesting any of the bars I mentioned have them), etc., haven't changed - true?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gadfly is there another member that posts as gadfly1?

I was never a fan or consistent visitor to the pong. I live in the vicinity and spend a good deal of my 'free' time in and around there. I have ventured to nana and cowboy but haven't yet had the 'great times' I used to have.....to each there own....check out the pong.

My MO is Cowboy to relax and have a drink. After, if i feel the jetlag kicking in, I will head for the pong for some ear splitting music at kings 1 or 2 or the Camelot. The Camelot is the #1 bar on my list to be woken up instantly upon entry. No better cure for jet lag.

For a couple of years camelot had the highest concentration of stunners. It declined, then made a comeback and my last couple of trips had drop dead stunners again.

Another good jetlag buster is pink panthers. You can watch muay thai fights several nights a week there starting around midnight. Some of the dancers are very hot. Some of the fighters are pros who fight at lumpini during the day. If you are ever showing a newbie around this place is a must.

Its true the pong is packed with every scam but that is its charm. As long as you don't go too often its a great place.

Pink Panther has been completely transformed and remodeled from a gogo bar to a coyote bar. What this means is there is no stage, no poles, no bikinis. Just some stools here and there good dancers get up on with the same amount of clothes you would find normal girls dress in who got to discos. It's no longer closed to two obscure entry ways, but all the goings on quite visible from the outside.

Next to pink panther screw boys is now gone, proving we aren't gay as it was the only boy gogo in any of the 3 districts. It is now a more upscale beer bar.

There are also the newer hip hop bars with attractive lighting and kicker sound systems. Needless to say, patpong is on an upscale trend.

I like all 3 districts. At one time or another each has been my favorite. LD pressure and girl quality is comparable in my opinion. But pong wins for prices, variety, and also annoyances.

...found that my favourite has stopped work though and opened a shop...i imagine she had enough sponsorship money to retire....good luck to her......

hi zn,

her name doesn't start with a "T" by any chance?

though not of the same standard as a few short years ago, camelot is still easily the most enjoyable gg-bar around.

cheers,

cw

I'm glad to hear some others give praise to the Pong. It has always been my favorite of the three, but I have been too chicken to fess up.

The Pong also has some good restaurants and just normal bars where you can have a quiet dink. I think it has everything( though I tend to think Nana has marginally better sorts).

The touts, taxis and scammers have never worried me as a simple mai ow and a shake of the head sees them off in search of other fish to fry.

Archived