Visa for TG to India

radioman

Hi,

What are the chances?

I have a work assignment in Chennai and Port Blair (Andaman) and would really like to take a 'consultant'.

Anybody have a feel for what the likelyhood is of being able to get her a visa?

She is a regular traveller and has stamps in her passport from various visa free asean countries we have visited together.

Facts, thoughts, ideas, all welcome.

Thanks

M.

Thanks to both Chillers and Moo Noi, hoping it will be ok to get her a tourist visa, mine will be a business one, have a suitable invitation etc. I think she should be ok with a tourist visa since she will be travelling in an orificial capacity.

Angry Indian lady scares me though, more so if she is at or near the regulation 300kg level Any ideas on what might placate her?

Whilst on the subject of Andaman. Anybody been? Good places to stay, I have an 'almost' unlimited budget but need to have good access to the airport for work.

Consultant is well bred enough to take most places, dresses well, no fluorescent jumpsuits, actually prefers nice short skirts and a complete abscence of foundation wear :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Cheers

M.

Indian embassy visa application info here:

http://www.embassyofindia-bangkok.org/visa_services.shtm

Visa application form here:

http://www.embassyofindia-bangkok.org/images/visa_application_for_india.pdf

They say you are welcome to print out yourself but who has a printer that takes paper that size I don't know.

Non Thais need a second form as well not found on the web site.

You will need two photos, do not believe she has to attend.

Cheers,

M.

I used a service to get an Indian visa. It cost some baht, but it also meant that I did not have to stand in line at the Indian Embassy.

Delhi....that place was a shithole. If I had the option, I would definitely take my own girl.

There are some smokin' hot girls there, but....it was not easy to meet them. At least, not for me, and not on that trip.

Don't bother. You'll have to fill out *their* forms, the one they hand you. Makes no sense, but there you go. Be sure to make two copies of your passport info page, otherwise you'll be trekking a 1/2 kilometer to make copies as none are available onsite.

Expect a week turnaround time. No rush service available.

And expect nasty, surly staff. Have never run into one who was not.

Finally, Magician is spot on, it's a shithole!

Regards,

SD

Hi,

Six months back my TG came to India. She needs to go the Indian Embassy with 2 photos and fill the application. She got a tourist visa for 6 months with multiple entry. 1st day they take the application and you need to go the next day to collect the passport.

Also they are many travel agents, in the Suk., area who will do but will charge B500 or 1000 extra.

The one thing they miss is thai food.

cheers.

vinod

Archived