Corrupted Pattaya police

trooper

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>The "victim" does not want money and wants to carry the case untill Mr. Kid is convicted to a jail-term. These are her words. After these 3 days of the happening she still wants to get him in the jail. This means up to 2 years of waiting for the court case and this time Mr. Kid cannot go out of Thailand.<<<

So if i pat this singer's ass I get to stay in thailand for two years with no visa runs. :up:

Dunno about this one. Read the whole thread on the link (12 pages). I see nothing that supports the girl is involved in this as a scam pay off(although everyone assumes she is). Looks like the police (or one police woman) thought she could get a big pay off, but never saw this was linked to the original complainant, who it seemed refused being bought off and insisted on charges being laid.

There is a point here - which seems to be lost. Do not assume that every girl you meet - even in pattaya - and even on walking street - and even in a bar of a dubious reputaion - is on the game or up for a bit of "slap and tickle". The woman (as far as I can make out) was employed by the bar as a singer.

Even in pattaya women have a right to be protected from unwanted advances.

-j-

Heck, I got groped on Walking Street a few years back. I was walking out of the toilet in the Marine Disco (almost like this article) and this plain looking young woman walked up to me, groped and walked away. (I've been to Marine Disco maybe twice [Are they still open?]). I was very surprised but it's pretty common I understand -- women groping men in discos on walking street. It didn't occur to me at the time to call the cops though. :) [if she had been a stunner, I may have tried to pick her up -- NOT {wouldn't want to mess w/ a female groper}]

I see two points in this:

1. The guy made a mistake. So what? The girl gave him a black eye and damaged his eye. That should have fit the crime IMO. Always treat girls with respect even in whore discos. I see a thin line here...when a girl sits on my lap in a bar can I touch her or will I get charged for sexual harrassment?

2. Things got ugly when police was involved. The punishment he was about to get was totally unfair and police and the singer saw a change to get every baht out of this guy. Lucky he had friends with connections, otherwise this could have ended really badly. I seriously hope the Swedish Embassy makes a big thing out of this and this story will be published in Thai and Scandinavian newspapers.

100,000 baht (an this is just starters) does see like a lot for just touching soe bad ass.

Most likely part scam, partly deserved, partly corrupt police.

Usually in these types of situations, both parties "stretch the truth" and both look for an easy out, either $$$ for the lady and nit noi $$$ for the guy to pay.

Hell, last time I had to pay 100 Baht to get groped :rolleyes:

bit I am not hansum Sweede...

>and the singer saw a change to get every baht out of this guy

I will ask it again, and perhaps more clearly.

What is one piece of evidence that the singer was involved in this as a money making scam? Everything the friend on the otehr board said pointed it to being the police doing the funny stuff with money.

The only concrete thing I saw that the singer did was *refuse* to take a cash settlement and insisted on charges being pressed.

Maybe you can point out the bit I clearly missed that involves the singer in the "scam"?

-j-

Archived