Renewing Retirement Visa

exit2dos

Well, I guess if a person was issued an O-A (that is the visa that get's you a 1 year entry stamp on first entry) in New York and after a year, happened to be in NY again, he could get another O-A issued. He would probably have to submitt all the same paperwork again.

TH

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Although my retirement visa was up for renewal in early November of 2005, I was allowed to renew early (in August 2005) as I knew I'd still be in the States recouperating from neck surgery. If you go this route, don't forget to obtain a re-entry permit at Thai Immigration.

BTW, the early renewal didn't affect the November to November visa validity. In fact, I just renewed early again this year as Immigration invited me to do so ... early by about 3 weeks.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Although my retirement visa was up for renewal in early November of 2005, I was allowed to renew early (in August 2005) as I knew I'd still be in the States recouperating from neck surgery. If you go this route, don't forget to obtain a re-entry permit at Thai Immigration.

Could you elaborate on the re-entry permit? I thought it was built in.

Yes' date=' that's exactly what I did. Although my retirement visa was up for renewal in early November of 2005, I was allowed to renew early (in August 2005) as I knew I'd still be in the States recouperating from neck surgery. If you go this route, don't forget to obtain a re-entry permit at Thai Immigration.

Could you elaborate on the re-entry permit? I thought it was built in.[/quote']

In other words: With a Retirement Visa, do you need a re-enty permit every time you leave the Kingdom?

I thought it was multiple entry.

Archived