800,000 bht retirement visas

eee

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cavanami

are you sure about that? i always thought that if you live more than 180 days in thailand, you have to pay tax on all your income, whether earned in LOS or not.

any tax expert among the board members or did we have any earlier thread where this was discussed as i would be very interested to get a bit more details and clarification.

I just don't see how if you declare income not made in thailand eligible to pay tax on...

You should only have to be paying income one time whether that is in your country (income made) or the host country (if made there)

One would have to see if LOS has nontaxable instruments like the west. This should help steer one to invest....

If one's point is tax evasion, i would think LOS is a lot easier to accomplish than in one's home country...

CB

State tax is a problem. The only solution is to cut all ties and establish residence in a non-income tax state. There are a number of mail forwarding outfits based in Texas and Florida that can give you a non-post office box looking address to use. Helps if after you have established the address, you stop by and get a drivers license. You only have to do this once, since both states allow renew by mail.

Donâ??t ever renew a driverâ??s license in a income tax collecting state you are claiming non-residence in. They donâ??t buy it.

TH

You must be out of the USA for a minimum of 330 days in a 365 day, consecutive period, to get the non-tax. Miss it by one day and you will pay IRS.

Does not have to start on 01 Jan and they do a percentage to split the deduction between years.

Texas, Florida, Tenn, Wa (state) all (at one time) did not have a state income tax.

You must be out of the USA for a minimum of 330 days in a 365 day, consecutive period, to get the non-tax. Miss it by one day and you will pay IRS.

Does not have to start on 01 Jan and they do a percentage to split the deduction between years.

Texas, Florida, Tenn, Wa (state) all (at one time) did not have a state income tax.

Texas, Florida, Nevada amd Alaska have no state income tax. Maybe there's a loophole in my state [NY] I could take advantage of, I'll look into that.

I wasn't even thinking about Federal tax. But, what you say is very interesting and I've never seen it spelled out like that.

So, if you are out of country for 330 days, there is no income tax on social security, pensions, dividends, interest, etc, which is deposited in you USA bank account?

I guess you have to file the 1040.

That's a good thing to know, there may be a time when I would do that.

Archived