K-Cyber Banking just got more difficult

Palatkik

I do not see the problem

I just applied to get the OTP and it works fine.

Just more security -> me see no problem

(except for people with a K account and living oversea)

Yes, the problem is if you are not in Thailand.

This is why I have the account, so I can xfer baht when I am NOT in Thailand and now they have added a layer of hassle :banghead:

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like K-Bank have finally got their sh*t together and one no longer needs a phone as well as an Internet access point to do online banking:

Dear all customers of K-Cyber Banking (KBank Internet Banking)

Subject: Reestablish the use of PIN2 or Security Password

For your convenience in using K-Cyber Banking, the Bank would like to

inform you that we will reestablish the PIN2 or Security Password for

regular use again in November 9, 2006 at 8.00 hrs.

Aghh! Seems like the latest K-Bank email (last post dates 9 Nov) is already out of date and they have reverted away from use of PIN2 again...but they do now do email confirmation codes for more than 24 hours as well as GSM SIM text messages confirmation codes - useful for overseas users. However email is only valid up to 3 weeks and one needs to phone them up again after that to reconfirm the email address.

Sorry for the fellows outside thailand.

My cyber banking works fine for me (and I am doing a lot of transactions via my laptop)

So sad they do not use the same system as my european bank with a small personal electronic identifier that you can use everywhere you are as long as you have it, a computer, an internet connection and your login, password and ID

• 8 months later...

Just checked again today out of curiosity and one can now do online banking again without a need for a mobile phone for the extra password. The web site takes two passwords again (PIN1 & PIN2), useful if you are out of the country and cannot get sms messages or need the email option. You can also still use the mobile phone method instead (One Time Password) if you prefer that.

Archived