Fantastic French/Thai Muay Thai Movie

Fidel

I just watched a great movie that I picked up in Vientiane called "Chok Dee". Highly recommended!

The French/Thai coproduction CHOK DEE: THE KICKBOXER dramatizes the real-life story of champion kickboxer Dida Diafat, who stars as a thinly disguised version of himself in the character of Ryan. While serving time in prison for a petty crime, Ryan meets a fellow inmate and former boxer, Jean (Bernard Giraudeau), who introduces his young protégé to the art of kickboxing and persuades him to seek out a world-famous training academy in Thailand. Once in Bangkok, Ryan is denied admittance due to his French heritage and sets out to prove himself in a stirring, ROCKY-like mix of up-by-your-bootstraps character drama and hardhitting kickboxing action sequences.

Link

I think this is the only name it has been released under. OH, I recently watched Kickboxer again... and it is pretty crap but not too bad if you're bored and missing Thailand. I was expecting this movie to be a contemporary version of Kickboxer... but it isn't. Its really good on all levels. Nice cinematography, good story line.... and really hot Luk Kreung Thai/French chick to boot!

Archived