Nurses Reputation

happyfarang2547

In the restaurant described in the following link, waitresses dress and act like â??naughty nurses. That has a nursing advocacy group upset. They say it causes nurses to lose their professional reputation. Why are â??womenâ??s advocatesâ? always mannish, dyke like creatures similar to the one in the video? And, why are they always trying to â??protectâ? beautiful, confident and outgoing women from enjoying being women?

Link

Are you trying to tie this to Thai nursing at all?

My take on thai nurses and US nurses. I would rather look and talk with thai nurses but have the competency and skill of US nurses if i needed their professional services...

Are thai Nurses and US Nurses different? Just like night and day but that could be extended to any other profession as well as students...

You need to look no further than the oldest profession to see a difference. It can't be strictly cost as to why guys flock here or is it?

CB

What is the higest level of Thai nurses ?

I think in the USA its a Register nurse "RN" they have to go to many classes and are paid very well,

Most of the Filopino nurses that are working here have a much lower trailing level and whatever training they had back in the Philipines does not transfer over....

OC

"...Most of the Filopino nurses that are working here have a much lower trailing level and whatever training they had back in the Philipines does not transfer over...."

Not quite true. My ex came to the USA from the PI with a BSN from a respected Philipino nursing school/university. The degree is recognized here. She was required to pass a state board exam before she could get a R.N. License here. She had to have a ton of sponsors and pass tests proving she could pass the exam, read, write, speak English etc...of course if she was illiterate, had AIDS and floated in an innertube to get here, they'd have given her the world...lousy system...

Well I'll have to admit it must be another fetish of mine. Viewed thousands of costumes here in San Francisco at recent Halloween festivities and the only two which got a rise from me were 'naughty nurses'. Come to think of it, the real thing does it for me also as, sadly, last few visits to relatives and friends in intensive care unit, despite the seriousness, always a couple of RN's catching my eye. They must really need to unwind after dealing with that all day. I was scolded by one, however, at my last appointment. She handed me a plastic cup saying she needed a sample and directed me to a curtained room with no privacy or dirty magazines or anything. Did my best, dribbled it in and sheepishly handed it over. Aghast, she screamed, "I meant a urine sample."

I was scolded by one, however, at my last appointment. She handed me a plastic cup saying she needed a sample and directed me to a curtained room with no privacy or dirty magazines or anything. Did my best, dribbled it in and sheepishly handed it over. Aghast, she screamed, "I meant a urine sample."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl: :grin: :grin:

Good point...PI nurses used to be one of the main feeders in the USA nursing shortage. That was in the 80's so maybe it has changed though the US nursing shortage has not...

In particualr, 50% of our in-patient RNs at my bay area hosital were PI nurses in 1986. That figure has always stuck with me because the high % caught me by surprise. Never forgot it...

CB

The educational course of nursing is no different in LOS than america. The quality of the education one receives is but one can still obtain MS or PhD in nursing here. It is a real mixed bag as some never leave and others go abroad to obtain their advance degree.

Those who come back with advanced degrees will get better professor positions than those thais who stay and reach the same educational level. Just a belief within the thai nursing circles whether true or not.

In the US one used to find plenty of PI RNs and nursing adides. Again, shortages in both fields drove the overseas demand...

CB

The educational course of nursing is no different in LOS tha america. The quality of the education is but one can still obtain MS or PhD in nursing. It is a real mixed bag as some never leave and others go abroad to obtain their advance degree.

Those who come back with advanced degrees will get better professor positions than those thais who stay and reach the same educational level. Just a belief within the thai nursing circles whether true or not. My gut feeling is there is a big difference of skills and knowledge learned.

In the US one used to find plenty of PI RNs and nursing adides. Again, shortages in both fileds drove the overseas demand...

CB

Archived