What to bring?

FrostFire

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buddha give me strength. Why wouldn't you want to change money or use the ATM, in the security of the airport, at bank exchange rate when the alternative is wandering around a strange city, probably in the middle of the night, looking for an ATM with dodgy Thais watching your every step when you could be in Nana listening to the girls tell you how hansum you are? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I worked for an airline and needed a break.

Never did Asia, thought about going to Hong Kong.

We were two in the office, the other guy said: BANGKOK.

Why?

Get there and you will see WHY.

What should I bring? (same question you ask, no?)

NOTHING. Wear a pull-over in the plane, you could get cold (airco you know). ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.

Whatever you need buy it there, a suit case for a start.

Best advice ever.

Thank you Franz, I live here now.

wear a suit in bkk for a few hours ( minutes) and see if that was a good cholce

I am so glad that when I made my first trip here in 1991 there were no boards, no internet (for the most part), and nobody offering every opinion under the sun. Discovering this country for myself, making mistakes, having wonderful and sometimes not so wonderful surprises... that's what made it such a great adventure.

Frosty, don't over-analyze everything, and don't pay too much attention to all the opinions offered here. All you have to bring is yourself, some money, and a good attitude...and you will have a great time.

I will be glad to offer any help I can as I am very appreciative you are bringing my camera, but I want this to be YOUR experience.

Opinions are kinda like onion rings.... they need a little salt to go down right, and you still shouldnt eat too many before bed *grin*.

I do appreciate all the input tho... if I dont take all the advice, it will at least make me think in ways I would not have, normally... This is probably a good thing.

11 days 5 hours 49 minutes to go :)

Frosty

Archived