What to bring?

FrostFire

Since this is my first trip to bkk, I am not sure what, if anything, I should bring with me aside from the normal travel items?

I know thats a fairly general question... but I meant it that way :) - Am looking for ideas here - not along a specific line of items, but just general. Things that you (as experienced travelers to bkk) have either brought with you or wished you had? Such as your favorite soap, candy, beverage, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Dave "Frosty" Borneman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of money.......but more importantly maybe leave your heart at home. The one thing about BKK is you can petty well buy anything you will need except common sense. Have fun and I am sure it won't be your last visit. :beer:

Condoms

No long trousers unless you want to look all smart and shit...why bother? You are on holiday...unless you have really ugly knees, in which case i understand...i hate ugly knees...damn them! I'm very proud of mine...oh no, TC will accuse me of bragging again...

Condoms

Your favourite shower gel, unless its still considered a constituent part of explosives...

Condoms

A good book or 3

Condoms

If you like candy or as we call it chocolate, then bring it...some US chocolate brands are available here, but i freakin hate it...it's just not the same as the stuff in blighty.

Condoms

A small medical kit for cuts and bruises, some disinfecting agent.

Condoms

One thing i am so glad i brought was a muscle heating gel. Maybe you don't get a stiff neck or bad back, but as a tall guy i do...especially after sitting in air conditioned rooms, get muscular coldness and zap, i'm buggered...

Condoms

Your favourite shampoo/conditioner. Again i just cant find my brand here...i'm sure some smartass will say that everything is available from Siam Parragon for 1 million baht a molecule...but i've never seen the stuff i used in the UK here...

Condoms.

Good sunglasses.

Condoms

An ipod

Condoms

Hope that helps...i think everything else is commonsense. travel light....if you are missing that oh so needed item of clothing, then its very cheap here, go along Sukhumvit in the daytime. Unless you are a tall guy, like me, in which case its a bastard to find anything that fits...

Enjoy, dont believe anything a BG tells you EVER and keep safe.

Ahh, I see.

Are there many of them, then, looking for a trip west? I was under the impression that was a fairly small minority of BGs? I can see most of them looking for a sponsor... but actually looking to move west?

Lol - call me 2 faced, but I just dont think I could ever come to trust a BG enough to marry her and take her home... though I have never been to thailand, and I am told things are very different there (as opposed to Tijuana for instance). We will see :)

Frosty

Frosty old mate it's a standing joke here that any bargirl with more than five minutes experience can have a new guy eating out of her hand (and another part of her anatomy) in no time at all. These girls are very clever at getting guys to fall for them big time. But don't worry though, the one you fall for will be different from the others. :D

What to bring? Condoms, lube, photos of home...bargirls love to see where you live, they can assess your income that way. Most travel guides have a section on bringing stuff like photocopies of your passport etc.

(and another part of her anatomy)

ROFL!!

This I don't doubt in the slightest. I'm sure I'll even fall in love with her... until I sober up anyway :)

So far as bringing them home tho... well, we shall see. lol. I will probably miss the place about 10 minutes after I take off tho :)

Frosty

On the whole ring/butterfly issue... Wouldn't the ladies tend to treat you better if they think you will fall for them? I mean... keeping the dogs off ya is all well and good, but when its time to take them to the hotel... I would think that they would work a little harder if they think ur a keeper... so to speak lol. Ya?

Frosty

Archived