What to bring?

FrostFire

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One person mentioned bringing some Thai money with me... great idea! Where would I go about getting that in the US tho? I'm sure there are places... but I have never had the need so have not a clue lol.

try the exchange counter if going via lax, just past final security check ( by the elevators to the vip lounges)

Sigh..... Look Frosty, when you come out of customs at BKK airport you will see ATMs, go over stick your ATM card in and draw out 10,000 baht. About US$250. Walk over to one of many currency exchanges, give the girl 2 of the B1000 notes and ask for 100s. No charge. Why do this? the taxi won't have change. You now have enough money to get you to your hotel, check in, and it should cover your first night on the town. Make sure your ATM card has VISA on it, then it should work in any machine that has VISA on it, most of the BKK ATMs.

I have just described word perfect my procedure on landing at Bangkok Airport more than thirty times in the last five years and it's never failed me yet. Travellers checks are a pain in the arse and a waste of money.

I worked for an airline and needed a break.

Never did Asia, thought about going to Hong Kong.

We were two in the office, the other guy said: BANGKOK.

Why?

Get there and you will see WHY.

What should I bring? (same question you ask, no?)

NOTHING. Wear a pull-over in the plane, you could get cold (airco you know). ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.

Whatever you need buy it there, a suit case for a start.

Best advice ever.

Thank you Franz, I live here now.

Archived