What to bring?

FrostFire

Also, it would be good advice to find out from the bank what is the phone number for their fraud department, or whatever they call it, before you leave. It's 24 hour service, and the 800 number on the back of your ATM card ain't.

Funny, but I had the number sitting in front of me here at home, on hotel stationary, along with a regular bargirl's message telling me to fuck off, but I must have thrown it out. :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frostfire I really think you have to stop trying to organise what to bring, where to go, how much, where can I eat, drink etc. This place is entirely different to any where you have ever been. Period. If you plan it all in your head it spoils the sense of adventure. Clear your head. Dont take travellers cheques. You are not on a Kontiki tour. I would suggest you just go to the German biergarden or the pub across from Nana plaza, sit down, order a hieneken and say Gday to the blokes next to you. Thats it and everything will follow.

ummm

here is the stupid stuff I bring ,

I give whatever is left to one of my regular girls when I leave.....

Mostly from the Dollar store,

baby powder,

shampoo

regular size bar soap,

asprin

diareia medicine

mouth wash

razors

sponge - wash cloth

small umbrella

cough drops

and a little food.....

peanut butter

cookies

candy

really most of this stuff you can get at Foodland ,

but my suitcases are pretty empty when I come over, and I stay at the same hotel so I do not need to repack it a few times ,

And like I said above I give all this stuff away at the end of my trip.

OC

i would say bring some sort of travel book on Thailand (Lonely Planet etc...)it'll give you a bit of guidance while your there...bring some thai cash with you so you don't have to worry about finding an ATM right out the gate.You'd just have to find your cab or bus and head right out ...i would bring a cheap personal alarm with a pull pin so you can rig you luggage or door or whatever,cause you just never know when theft might came into play....and the carrying the ring thing is a damn good idea...cause i know i had many problems with girls from the bar just popping up at my hotel at all times of night invited trying to make some last minute money cause their night wasn't going well....

lol - I did say I wanted general ideas lol.

I dont think it can get more general than "thick towels" heh.

Better to have ideas tho... never know!

One person mentioned bringing some Thai money with me... great idea! Where would I go about getting that in the US tho? I'm sure there are places... but I have never had the need so have not a clue lol.

Frosty

Archived