What do Thai girls really want

mickey707

Yimsiam, Money, pure and simple, still beats your arguement, appearance and no money, is still beaten by appearance and money. Btw, i did write pretty much the same as Lord Toad...in a long winded, mildly sarcastic sort of way. Looking wealthy but having fuck all is rather pointless...love, some chance!

I am not so sure if it was a pointless remark! I said that in my post above, the strongest emotion i have observed is jealousy and I don't talk about BGs exclusively! I know quite some people who would spend their last coins to look good on the surface instead of saving it for emergencies!

Those people who have nothing are starving to have something and if they can't achieve, at least they will pretend they are doing fine!

Dunno which Thais are your friends since your lady is Hi-So and avoid places like Pattaya. Especially Pattaya is very "isan-ized" by it's people and I can totally make sense from what yiam siam has said!

The social status is important to answer the original question, since the majority of people is poor, I believe security is what they want and pretending is what they do if they can't get security!

Just an assumption of course, I could be totally wrong!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yimsiam, Money, pure and simple, still beats your arguement, appearance and no money, is still beaten by appearance and money. Btw, i did write pretty much the same as Lord Toad...in a long winded, mildly sarcastic sort of way. Looking wealthy but having fuck all is rather pointless.

Respectfully disagree! Yes, my response was based on personal experience, with both hi-so and lo-so Thais. My experience is limited, and I may very well be wrong.

To clarify: it's not between appearance of being wealthy and having money versus appearance of wealth and no money. It's between looking rich yet being poor, or seeming poor yet secretly being rich. How many Thais would choose appearing poor over any other option?! Very few, I think - maybe that's the point of people like Chamlong, who show how superior to others they are by renouncing even worldly appearances. Even the girl who resolutely sends money home to her family every month chooses how much to send based not upon how much she can afford to send, but on how much will allow her to appear to be supportive, while keeping as much as she can for herself...

You say that looking wealthy and having fuck all is rather pointless. I think that many Thais might look at you with puzzlement, thinking that exactly the opposite is true - what's the point of being rich, if people don't know that you are? And if people can think that you are rich, why not simply appear rich, even if you have nothing?

I use rich here as an example - other positive things could be substituted: attractive to young hansum man, kind-hearted, light-skinned, etc.

No point in going on with this, as I'm not at all qualified to pontificate on this subject. Just my gut feeling here.

YimSiam

YimSiam, you pontificate most assuredly...i think your point of view is interesting and i'll research it...i wanna know the definate answer...cos, well, i'm a sad man with no life.

Weird, stop doing crack.

:neener:

i'll research it...i wanna know the definate answer...

Ah yes, research - a very good excuse for me to continue my endless trips to LOS - need for field research! It's all for science and the benefit of greater mankind, really it is. Dirty work but somebody's got to do it...

I actually did spend a lot of time trying to understand how thais were different from me, getting to know my hi-so friends, talking endlessly with my BGs and street girl friends, reading books, etc. I've given up now, and just go to party these days. I guess some of my earlier efforts do make it easier to relate to the girls, but fuck if I'm ever going to understand Thais.

If BGs love money so much, why are they so terrible at managing it? Whether the girl hasn't gone with a man for a week, or just got a 10,000 baht payday, she'll likely have the same amount of savings after a couple days: zero!

YimSiam

If BGs love money so much, why are they so terrible at managing it? Whether the girl hasn't gone with a man for a week, or just got a 10,000 baht payday, she'll likely have the same amount of savings after a couple days: zero!

I would say its because they've never had a good example of saving money shown to them

Have a look at most BG's families... As soon as money comes in from a farang or the regularly monthly payment from the daughter(s) - it's gone in an instant. There's a big-screen tv in the living room, a new tractor in the rice paddy and a new pick-up truck in the front yard. :doah:

It's all about flaunting your money, not saving it, from what I can see. Again - that bullshit concept of "face". Grrrrr... :banghead:

Exactly! I see many Thai having no concept of planning for the future.

If there is money I can get from the ATM, then I get the money!

It is a constant fight with the TGF to have a budget for the month. I have listed all the monthly expenses and then put $$$ into the bank account, with a few thousand baht extra, expecting that at the end of the month there should be "extra" money...NEVER!!! If it is in the account, I can be assured that it will be spent :cussing:

Now, I NEVER have any extra in the account and the issue is resolved. I just keep any extra in MY account, which she can not access. :)

Not my experience.

After taking care of our spending budget for some years I decided to let her handle it. She's not always happy about this, but she manages well.

I give her 30k/month, she has to pay everything except rent and my internet connection.

Her average disbursements were 16k/month when we lived in Chumpon. It might be different (+) since we live near Udon Thani( this year).

When she was 14 her father borrowed 2k from "someone", that grew to 8k by the time she was 18. She took care of paying off that sum. Her father learned something.

Mine is different, LOL :hubba:

Archived