What do Thai girls really want

mickey707

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happiness

Tough one, most people here in Los seem to be so used to misery that if they achieve happyness they believe not to deserve it! I don't think the majority wants happiness, they want security. Only a few would rather be happy than rich. The most of them will never be rich so they don't know that money doesn't make happy. I rather believe that I observed jealousy as the strongest emotion around here! Someone is better or has more there will be a lot of "Yack Yack" about this person! I see the smiles, I hear it everyday "me want happy" but that is just the surface, underneath there is the permanent fight with themselves and their families and like I said before in rare cases it is enough, usually it is never enough!

bargirls certainly want money, sure.

More generally i think alot of thai girls just want a nice relationship with a well balanced man. money will come into it but not in the way you might think. I think most people the world over like money. Its the fabric of all societies after all. I like money. I think alot of thai girls want the values that come with money rather than just bein money grabbers. Same everywhere. Money brings freedom,independence etc although not always. I do think there are many many thai girls who want a relationship as their number one goal. I ve spoke to lots of thai girls who want to be independent and have a career, and are open to having a relationship with a farang that isnt money orientated. I think alot of bargirls must fall in love also. They are thinking, feeling seeing humans after all.

Lord Toad's the only one who's come close to what I think they want: status. Money, boyfriend, security... In the here-and-now, I don't think that's it. Here's a question for you: do you think a BG would rather be rich but have people think she is poor, or have only 10 baht but have people think she's rich? I think it's the latter, in most cases. They want other people to perceive them in certain ways - it's the same with many richer Thais, who would rather live hand-to-mouth in a little room and drive a Mercedes, than put some money in some investments, plan for the future, etc.

YimSiam

Interesting responses, some of it romanticised certainly.

I think most peoples replys are based upon their experiences, the BGs they have met.

Torneyboy says happiness. Most people equate money with happiness, despite that being a proven fallacy, but those who haven't experienced wealth aspire to such, as it seems it is the answer. So, it's still money over happiness, due to perception, not reality.

Yimsiam, Money, pure and simple, still beats your arguement, appearance and no money, is still beaten by appearance and money. Btw, i did write pretty much the same as Lord Toad...in a long winded, mildly sarcastic sort of way. Looking wealthy but having fuck all is rather pointless.

Junglesoup, whilst i am sure some fall in love, as is well known, it is a minority, a very small amount who fall in love. A lot of Thai relationships are practical and based on support...romance is a very western fairytale. The amount of Thai young ladies i know whose mother and father don't share the same bed, bedroom or even live in the same province is astounding. Apply that practical mindset to young BGs living with some fat 50+ year old farang....love, some chance!

Junglesoup, whilst i am sure some fall in love, as is well known, it is a minority, a very small amount who fall in love. A lot of Thai relationships are practical and based on support...romance is a very western fairytale.

I don't entirely agree. The TGs I talk to are very much into romance. The TGs who read (like my wife) are always sharing their Thai equivalents of the harliquin romance novels :smirk: and the reason they think they want a western husband is we're supposed to be romantic and caring.

I agree that support is always part of it, but I've seen some successful marriages where the guy doesn't have a lot (not broke either), but is really romantic toward his TW.

The other "what they want" that I haven't seen mentioned, after they're in a committed relationship, is kids. I know one couple that decided they didn't want any and my wife and her friends think they're nuts.

Firstly:

my gf had several friends (also collegues) turn to bar life to get out of poverty, i.e find a farang.

I met probaly 10 of them, most are doing fine, being happy with their lives, none found a rich farang, one is well off (if he dies she will have assets for 20 million baht, not that much to compete with Toxin)

Secondly:

I listened to the gf's stories.

When she was 14 a young man was hopelessly in love with her, he came crying at her door (pleeeeease marry me) she did not like him, refused to see him.

When she was 18 she felt hopelessly in love with a man (her turn) he ignored her. She stayed away from men until the age of 30.

Sometimes I wonder if she's really Thai? :doah:

(reading you guys....)

Some very interesting and varied opinions, obviously a question that provokes a lot of thought but to be honest they are women....and like the world over...who knows how they work ?

The reason i posted the question was that I met a beautiful thai girl one night in a bar after she had finished work...we kind of pulled each other and she spent the night with me. I met her the following night and she spent the day with me. We went out together that night and she skipped work. I moved on to Pattaya and when i returned to BKK she joined me again, spending 3 days and nights together before returning to the UK.

I did not pay her for staying with me but obviously paid for our entertainment and dinner etc. Still cheaper than dating a girl in London !!

She kept asking me if i really liked her which to be honest, most red blooded males would die to be with her so the answer was pretty bloody obvious. Anyway i tried talking to her about what she was looking for short term...long term, what her dreams were...but she didn't really give me anything positive to go on. I guess this is pretty much par for the course.

I have sent her birthday gifts and we have been in touch a lot although that has started to decline. She has been asking me for money which everyone has told me would happen. I told her I am not a rich guy and would not send her money other than Birthday and Christmas presents. I have offered to Invite her to the UK on a 2 week vacation visa, but just cannot get my head around what she really wants. I plan to see her next year and go with her to Phuket ( her idea ). That is still a long way off and i'm sure if a fatter wallet turns up in the meantime my photo will end up shoved under the bed........Having said that, I'll be back to Thailand regardless.....romance or not..... ;-)

What did she say she needed money for? I think her asking is really cheeky, if she wants to be your GF...?

I've heard of this many times, don't ask for money at the time...reel you in with sex and whisperings of love etc....then, oh i need some money for this or that...anyone asks me for money and it's bye bye time...

Do you know much about her background?

Archived