Under 50, have money, no long stay possible

thalenoi

You have money, are under 50 and wish to stay long time Thailand?

Over 180 days?

You are not welcome here.

What you can get in your country of residence is a triple entries tourist visa good for 3x 60 days, but you will need to leave and re-enter the country, not a friendly procedure.

Yeah, you could fiddle around with the rules to get extension etc, but the base rule seems to be "we don't need such people"

It seems Thai embassies in surrounding countries are beginning to refuse to issue multiple entries tourist visas.

Return to your home country and re-apply for a multiple entries tourist visa, do you really want to go through such hassle :deal:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have money you can stay

- Elite card, I think they discount it so you can get if for 1-2-3 million baht (5 year visa I think)

-40,000,000 baht BoI program - residentship and the right to own 1 rai of land (that's the only legal chance to own land for a foreigner)

Flashermac, i think you misread the OP? He said if you HAVE money but are under 50. I've met many people in the same boat in the past. Basicly retired or semi retired and financially solvent but under 50, not married to a Thai and not wishing to work or run a business in Thailand so do not have a work permit. You would think that the Thai's would want to attract such people, who are basicly just long stay visitors who are not working but spending usually decent amounts of money. But i suspect their numbers are relatively few when compared to regular short term tourists or people coming in on retirement visas?

Simie.

Compared to the Malaysia "Second Home" program the 1 million baht Elite card is not a bad deal.

Malaysia requires you have fixed deposit of 300,000 RM (over USD 75K).

TH

You buy the Elite Card and say bye-bye to the initial cost, plus you still have to pay a yearly fee.

You still have the $$$ if you leave Malaysia, not so with the Elite Card.

Archived