Under 50, have money, no long stay possible

thalenoi

Not arguing with you ThaiHome, pointing out what little I know of the programe.

Now think about the benifit on the Malay economy, they get older people retiring there, who are happy to pay for service etc.

Money goes into the economy, everyone gets a tiny bit richer.

Thailand - Only if the money is goig to help someone else with a lot of money already do you have some chance of making things happen

DOG

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, not arguing with you, I am just trying to understand what you mean by the line about Thailand and having a lot of money. To me, the about 25K for the Elite card (granted gone) versus the 80K plus an unknown "sponsor fee" (that is gone as well) means you got to have what I think of has serious bucks for Malaysia.

As far as older couples, maybe these people are the types that would be willing to bring money into Malaysia. Sounds like they had blast. :confused:

TH

But they aren't stopping issuing single entry tourist visas on return visits or are they?

They've been doing that for years and years. Different consulates have different sets of rules they apply as to whether they will grant you a tourist visa or not. Consultes like Hong Kong, Laos, Singapore, Taiwan, and others are very tough and will turn you away with nothing. Others are more leniant, but each year things are on an increasingly tougher trend. Just this year Burma started turning people away if their passports showed a history of stay in Thailand and Malaysia is in a tightening mode as well. Ultimately, I can envision a time will come that you will only be granted a tourist visa from your home country.

And I found it hilarious someone commented that Thaksin is anti-farang. This thread is about under 50, HAVE MONEY. Thaksin absolutely wanted to attract those people. Ever heard of the Elite program or Thailand long stay? Thaksin created those. The new administration has these programs under review and may well nix them.

But they aren't stopping issuing single entry tourist visas on return visits or are they?

They've been doing that for years and years.

Ah OK, I didn't realize tourist applicants were getting turned away. Anyway to know for sure which countries nearby are not even worth going to get a visa like this to save a wasted trip to a nearby country?

Does anyone know which surrounding countries are issuing multiple entry tourist visas?

I don't know of any but i did hear Malaysia (Penang or KL?) was giving a tourist visa for 3 months rather than the customary two months...

One CANNOT get a one month exension on tourist visas within LOS anymore. That practice has stopped unfortuantely with the last chnage....

CB

Does anyone know which surrounding countries are issuing multiple entry tourist visas?

I don't know of any but i did hear Malaysia (Penang or KL?) was giving a tourist visa for 3 months rather than the customary two months...

One CANNOT get a one month exension on tourist visas within LOS anymore. That practice has stopped unfortuantely with the last chnage....

CB

I'm not even going to touch this one :drunk:

TH

Archived