the runs

hicks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, and I thought I was the only one. Hehe...

For my little 'running issue' the chemist next to Majestic Suites recommended... ahem... Ponstan, the period pain relief tablets! I guess they knew what they were doing as they seemed to work okay.

Only side effect was the worrying sudden interest in handbags and sarongs for sale at the stalls along Sukhumvit...

:yay::chili::yay::chili::yay::chili::yay::chili:

to me the problem with Thaias and Thai hospitals is they give you drugs without really figuring out what is wrong with you first,

What does it take to open a Chemist in Thailand ?

would you trust these people with your health ?

Its nice to be able to buy drugs with no perscription in Thailand , but how do you know its the right medicine and dosage ?

ohh I buy Imodium generic at Walmart for 1/2 the brandname price, but I am also a picky eater and do not eat off the the street stalls.

OC

Forementioned drugs really upset your system and there is no need to cause therer are natural ways that HELP instead of pills that might do the job or not but will certainly fuck up something else in your body. I have been coming and going to Asia for 20 years and lived there for a few years too. This Lifesaving stuff are the husks of a grain grown in India called Psyllium Husk or Sab Isatgol; This makes sense since it is fibre that absorbs the bad bacteria and it binds your shit together so you are not shooting out all over the place.It can also help constipation but than you need to drink water with it. Since I am a vegan and dont touch meat I have not had a problem in Asia anymore. Once in a while a bad morning but never exceeding into a few days of pure dehydration and suffering.

Psyllium husk is to be found in health food stores in your home country or in Little India (kahurat) BKK. On the main road there is a little shop with windows and a little handfull of statues. Nothing else in the window. They sell some food products and statues.Just around the corner from the Royal Indian restaurant. (great Dosa's there!) 100b or in Penang's Little India you can get it at the spice store or food stores.

How to use Psyllium Husks:

Diarrhea: 1 bowl of curd mix in 3 or 4 tablespoons. Eat quick since the stuff thickens like crazy! Best in the mornings and or before bedtime. Followed by sipping a glass of water over the period of a couple of hour if you are really dehydrated.

Constipation: 2 large glasses of water w. 3-4 Tablespoons Husk

For ordinary use to keep you regular; follow the directions for constipation. With every day use your body will be really happy!

Hi everyone,has anyone got any advice for curing diarreah while in Thailand,it happens everytime I go there.

Not to make light of your BMs, but I get the same reaction as well.. same same Mexico or Brazil or anywhere tropical. If it doesn't subside after a few days I buy a bottle of the pink pepto pismol stuff; that always gets me back to normal. :grin:

Archived