Formula 1 Season 2007

Mentors

There's a lot of advanced technology already in modern road cars to reduce injuries in event of a crash. If you could get people to wear helmets, neck restraints and multi point seat belts, tightened to the point of discomfort, then accidents resulting in serious injury would plummet overnight. Trouble is, it isn't going to happen any day soon, is it, people would rather be comfortable than safe.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and hour ago Kubica already left the hospital :)

(only contusions).

Unbelievable after watching that crash.

There was, however, one casualty:

â??It is such a shame about the beaver. It had it in for me for sure! I was running in third place at the time, behind the safety car. I was on a clear, one stop strategy and it damaged the front wing. I couldnâ??t even see it at high speed and I could not understand why suddenly I locked up the front tyres and so I had to come in to the pitlane. The guys were taken by surprise in the garage when I came in...

If you could get people to wear helmets, neck restraints and multi point seat belts, tightened to the point of discomfort, then accidents resulting in serious injury would plummet overnight. Trouble is, it isn't going to happen any day soon, is it, people would rather be comfortable than safe.

Of course, that's why I said practical safety technology. Those things are the impractical parts. There are many F1 safety features that are not visible to the casual observer. The different impact tests from different angles an F1 car has to be able to pass are amazing. The nose of an F1 car, as tiny as it is, is such an efficient design you can hit a wall at 30MPH and it will absorb the impact and the rest of the car will be completely unscathed.

Perhaps this thread is the cause of his growing interest? Well, why not?

I'm not a big fan either and I'm certainly not going to waste my time in front of the tv watching this sport, but a little discussion is allright.

And this is one of those sports I rather read the results in tomorrow's newspaper.

exactly.

i don't watch it,only saw what happened on Sunday because my friend had it on at his house.

but i do know what is going on because the boy Hamilton has been in the papers most days for a few weeks now.

hard to escape any news about him.

Archived