Formula 1 Season 2007

Mentors

I must admit Casey Stoner on the Duke last weekend impressed me (what a name )

Well the Dukes straight line speed impressed me a lot more than the rider, I will be amazed if we see Casey Stoner on the top of the podium again, or the current world champion for that matter. It should be an interesting season, I can't help but think it will be a Rossi Pedrosa duel.

Stoner is the real deal, by most considered faster than Pedrosa, but Pedrosa is more analytical and methodical. He will win more races this season, but when the bike is not superior he might throw the race away to climb one more place.

As for the f1 race, Alonso and Hamiltion changed places in the pit and that was as exciting as it got.

To bad Massa lost out in qualifying do to gremlins, would be interesting to see how he compares to Raikonen in a race with the same car.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stoner is the real deal, by most considered faster than Pedrosa

I sure he is, but I've followed M/Cycle racing for more years than I care to remember, and I can't say I've noticed him before, or regarded him as a contender for the podium. He had a great win last week, and full credit to him for that, but IMO it was due more to a rocketship of a bike and a circuit with a huge straight more than his ability to ride a bike. In some ways I hope I'm wrong, it would be great to have 7 or 8 fast guys going into the last lap within touching distance, wouldn't it?

I believe this will be Kimi's year. I don't like his personality much either but he sure is an amazing driver. I would like to see Heikki Kovalainen doing good as he really is a nice guy. Today he really sucked, hope he gets more confidence in the upcoming races.

Massa has done better than Kimi during the test season so I think he will give Kimi a good challenge. Mc Larens seem strong this year too, I believe it will be a battle between Alonso, Massa and Kimi.

Kimi should control his drinking though, every time he has a change he flys to Finland and gets drunk for days with his mates. Like Coulthard said how freaking fast he would be if he took better care of his physics.

Hilarious clip of Kimi yachting :)

16 days to the seasons 2nd race race in Kuala Lumpur!

from the F1 site:

To stay informed, Raikkonen relied on regular pit-board updates but, unable to talk with his race engineer Chris Dyer, Raikkonenâ??s afternoon was a solitary one. With no one on the other end of the radio pushing him, he admitted he experienced several lapses of concentration during the 58-lap Grand Prix.

â??On one occasion - just about ten laps before the end the race - I almost fell asleep!â? the Finn told Ferrari's official website. â??I got distracted, my concentration levels dropped a bit and I locked the wheels and took turn number 3 slightly too wide: even without radio I knew that they were saying: 'Kimi, wake up!â??â?Â

:sleeping:

Archived