Formula 1 Season 2007

Mentors

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no question about that Hamilton was the phenomenon of this season and he's young, his time will come for sure to win the championship, sooner or later.

After the race there were alerting news that Rosberg and ? has had too cold fuel in their tanks and they will be disqualfied. That could have meant Hamilton will get the championship. But there was a case in the history where only the team lost their points, not the drivers so let's see what happens.

McLaren appeal puts title result in doubt

22 October, 2007

The outcome of the 2007 driversâ?? world championship has been plunged into renewed doubt after McLaren declared its intention to appeal the decision of the Interlagos stewards not to penalise Williams and BMW Sauber for alleged fuel irregularities.

After Sundayâ??s Brazilian Grand Prix the stewards analysed fuel samples taken from the Williams and BMW cars during their pit stops, which appeared to show temperatures outside the permitted range.

The enquiry into an apparently arcane technical issue had potentially huge repercussions, since Williams driver Nico Rosberg and BMWâ??s Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld finished the race fourth, fifth and sixth respectively â?? ahead of Lewis Hamilton, who lost the world title to Kimi Raikkonen by a single point after a disastrous race.

Link

Conspiracy time again!

Hamilton knows he was screwed:

Hamilton admitted to feeling â??emotionalâ? but preferred to accentuate the positives from his remarkable rookie campaign rather than dwell on the disappointment.

â??When the car was coasting I just felt that someone, somewhere, didnâ??t want me to win the title,â? he said.

â??But thatâ??s racing."

[color:blue]Especially against Ferrari.[/color]

Even James Allen writes:

"But his real problem today was the gearbox glitch.

"It was the first mechanical failure he had suffered all season in a race and I suppose you could say it was overdue. [color:red]But it was mighty strange the way it happened.[/color]"

Link

Archived