Thai passport

buffalo_bill

Hmmm, before you head to the local post office to renew a passport, note that the article is 3 years old. I believe Thailand now issues new passports which requires special scanners and for which personal presence is required. We tried to get the passport for our daughter by mail last year, but were told to attend personally.

Tnx Sherlock,

that's the danger with google.

OK, back to what I know, TGF renewed her passport some months ago and she had to go to BangNa in person but they sent it back by post. But I think there're regional offices also of the passport division in Chiang Mai and some other places, one in Isaan for sure but not Korat - maybe Khon Kaen???

My wife got her new passport in April from the main

passport office at Chaneg Wattana, it took 2 days.

Although they have recently opened additional offices

in some shopping malls, she said processing at the

main office was much faster because they have 60 machines there.

I once saw a list of all passport offices, but can't find

it any more. The MFA website's passport section is

currently "under construction".

But they say this on the website:

The Passport Division is pleased to serve all those who wish to apply for a passport. Applicants are requested to submit applications in person at the Department of Consular Affairs, Chaeng Wattana Road or at one of our local Passport Offices any working day during office hours. Each applicant will need about 30 minutes to complete the application process and will be able to collect the passport after 3 working days if the application is made at one of the Passport Offices in Bangkok.

Archived