Best Som Tam around Sukhumvit?

Kahuna.

Opposite Deja Vu Bar, ourside Cocktail Club in Soi Cowboy - the old lady is there from at least 5pm. (Never been in the soi earlier, though she may well be). I sit outside and have a beer sometimes after work, and a constant stream of girls come and order during the early evening. Looking at her ingredients on the cart, they seem pretty fresh too!

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to find good som tam around Sukhimvit for one main reason. Most of the providers service the Issan girls (whether BG's or massage girls (Thai or soapy, but around Suk, mostly Thai massage) and many of the Issan ladies eat Balaa. Many of the Som Tam providers have only one pestle (bowl) made of wood. Unfortunately, they often don't clean the bowl well and if you want Som Tam Thai, you often get the residue fishy taste of the Balaa. If any of you folks know of providers in the area who segregate their pestles, please advise, I love good som tam.

Aeround Sukhumvit...? hmmm, I like them all, but the best I ever had was at the Restaurant next to the Ratchadomdern Boxing Stadium, a place called "likkit Gai Yang." Really good Issarn dishes there. I asked for "pet nit noi" and it actually came as ordered! Love that place, worth the ride over there, open every day for Lunch and dinner! Top military brass eats there, so it must be good!

But back to the question, Try the place in front of Bush Garden, Soi 15 or so...she did a good job. Also, I like the guy in front of Morning to Night (the day time guy). He usually cleans the bowl after each order.

Archived