Working permit how?

BJ_Blackowitz

I have my own LTD in Europe (GmbH in austria)

Now I can make an "invitation letter telling that Mr X (me) is looking for Busines Opps in Thailand)

1) How Long will I be Allowed in

2) Will ths be valid as Working Permit ( run business from Thailand for The Ltd In Europe)

someone please give a few guidelines for "doing Business"

Are you willing to pay tax on your income in Thailand?

You can set up a subsidiary, but both you and the company must pay thai taxes. And to get a work permit there're minimum salaries (different for different countries). Check the list of works which are allowed for foreigners (PI is not on that list btw).

Contact one of the biggest audit coumpanies (DTT, E&Y, KPMG or PWC) in your country, they have guides for business in most countries, can also help you with all paper work.

BJ Sounds like you need a Non Imm B, I got that pretty easy a few years back when setting up my own company, allows 3 month stays, valid for 1 year, HOWEVER if you re-enter on the last day of validity, you still get 3 months! So if timed right it can be 1 year 3 month visa.

Used to be easy to get but they are cracking down, I did exactly what you asked, I wrote a letter to my self inviting myself, plus I had a thai company, fairly well known, also write a letter stating I would be travellig often to Thailand for business meetings with them.

That seemed to work.

DOG

BJ,

Hope you are in Europe, not Asia.

All the Thai consulates/embassies in Asia will only issue SINGLE-ENTRY Non B visas... Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Singapore, Hanoi, Vientiane etc., So if you want to get the 1 year, MULTIPLE entry non-B you'll have to do it outside Asia. In your home country is by far the easiest.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Archived