Newbie visiting BKK for 1st time.. Some questions..

James34

Quick update..

Had a fantastic time on my first night with the bargirl from nana. Spent friday with an old flame, which was also great - then the 'flu' that i bought with me from taiwan got worse.. Spent the weekend in chills/fever/delerious and tried to get through it alone..

Monday morning woke up with crippling headache - could hardly move. Called front desk and they took me here to Bumrungrad hospital

Have been here since yesterday - the flu turned out to be acute bronchitis.. Feel like crap :(

On the upside - I have spare time till next year so have extended my holiday till end of next week. Hopefully should be back on my feet in a few days!

If anyone is feeling good samaritan-like, drop in and say hi, bring me a magazine or something! Its so bloody lonely here with no friends/family to talk to.. :(

Or even better, bring me a pretty girl to distract me from the lovely nurses here haha

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nurses in thailand are gold. make some friends there and u'll get as much action as you did in the bars. i spent one night in piyavate hospital and despite being carried in by a bargirl gig of mine with acute food poisoning i was still getting cracked on to.

One nurse turned the 'M' in mr on my admission chart to a love heart, one administrator flirted with me and then the nurse looking after me in my room asked if the girl who brought me in was my girlfriend.

Unfortunately when girlfriend number 2 came in (after number 1 left) that was the straw that broke the camels back and they decided to give up on me.

plenty of action to be had with nurses don't waste your time feeling sick in hospital!!!

I like Thai nurses. They are often cute and usually very intelligent. I married a teacher, but my second choice would have been a nurse. Unlike doctors, who are almost always Chinese-Thais, nurses are generally Thai-Thais.

Very true, Flash.

Funny though.. the last doctor I saw at Bumrungrad was from Rot Et. And he studied at Harvard. Go figure!

Haha yeah Im slowly falling in love with all of them..

Im no oil painting, but I smile often and always make an effort to chat to them. One of them in particular is so beautiful and funny. Her name is Kittiya and I am going to ask her out for dinner when I get better..

BJ - Yeah I had really bad fever when I was admitted. Only went down yesterday, am feeling fantastic today.

The hospital is brilliant, and the nurses are definitely a highlight. There is one grumpy old one who always ignores me, but the others are lovely!

Dammit.. Just spoke to the doc..

Have to stay in another night. He said im about 60% well at this stage, and it would be stupid to leave now and get sick again before recovering..

5000 baht per night here at the BumRunGrad hotel. And not a bargirl in sight :(

Might have to continue working my charms on the nursing staff :)

Haha lucky elef :)

I noticed there was a room option here for 20,000 baht per night as 'Single VIP Room with Guest' hmm...

I didnt get out in the action long enough to hook up with a regular or even try more than 1 or 2 of the local girls.. :(

Doctor said I should be ok tomorrow - heres hoping!

Archived