Your top-3 football teams?

Zaad

When you're an Arsenal fan you have no room in your heart for any other. :)

Maybe I need to explain then.. :)

Benfica - heard lots of old stories from my dad who lived near the stadium, watched the games, talked about glory days, Eusebio, etc etc.. So I kinda mended into it :)

PSV - I grew up in Holland so this Dutch team with fantastic players such as Romario, v. Breukelen, Pfolsen, Vanenburg, Lerby etc.. chose me ;)

Aston Villa - The countless computer games back in the old MSX and then Amiga days had football games with EPL only. In order to increase the competition I chose a club outside the (then) big three (man u, liv, ars)... so Villa it was and started following them in the real world.

What's the story behind your arsenal? :cool:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the story behind your arsenal? :cool:

Taking what Brits call the piss. Arsenal is by far my fave but I support Vitesse along with limbo (he got me into them).

As for Arsenal I supported them several years back when I didn't know anything about the sport. I had a bit of 'Stockholm Syndrome' with little or no american sports on tv when I was in asia. Memory is fuzzy but they were losing 1-0, a man down but kept fighting and I picked them based on that. Many can attest to my lack of knowledge when I first posted about supporting them (and some say I still know shit about the sport..haha). I became obsesssed with them and the sport. I had no idea they were any good at the time. I lucked out in that sense. Man Poo were the champions at the time and to be fair to them, it was the only side I've heard of and no way I was gonna support them because I knew they were the most well known.

Archived