For those who live in the Southeast US how do you get to BKK?

whcouncill

For those who live in the Southeast US how do you get to BKK? All of my Tennesee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South and North Carolina folks. What is a popular route you take? Do you fly to LA or NY? Chicago? Atlanta? The closest int'l airport to me would be Atlanta I guess but if you live near another hub I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Some person was tellin me that finding a flight from say Atlanta or Charlotte to the UK then finding a flight to BKK might be worth looking into. Any of you all ever fly thru Europe to get to BKK? I am going to ask the East Coast cats that too.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try this website.

It should help you.

TG has 2 - sometimes 3 - connections out of London to Bangkok now. Finnair has 2 flights per day Helsinki to BKK, and Lufthansa has 2 or 3 flights per day from Germany too, so connection times going via Europe aren't as bad as they used to be in the past. You could also fly Emirates from JFK to Dubai and connect through to BKK.

Dohop

also direct

AUA codesharing with THAI VIE - BKK leaves 23:30 arrives 15:something

EMIRATES

Leaving DUBAI 3am arriving 12 Noon BKK

other flight ETA 5 hours later BKK

SWISS (zurich)

KLM (AMS)

LUFTHANSA (FRA)

all these are flewn direct from Atlanta.

enough choices

I Once flew Biman Bangladesh. ( 6 stops between AMS and BKK, one transit in Bangladesh.. (A HORROR)came in from JFK. next stop was rome after AMS..

be creative...

Haven't done from BKK, but have flown to Atlanta from HK, KL, and Singapore many times. HK was Chicago (non-stop, long flight) to Atlanta,

Singapore/KL was Narita to either Detroit or Minneapolis on to Atlanta. Did do the other way around with BA once, but had to not only change planes in London, but had to change airports. Every time was over 30 hourâ??s total time.

It is a hassle getting to Atlanta as it is almost exactly half way around the world. The new JFK-BKK non-stop might be worth looking at.

TH

If hours from point A to point B is your only consideration, then a non-stop flight Atlanta to JFK and the Thai non-stop JFK-BKK would be quickest. About 19.5 hours in the air and a 2-hour stopover at JFK before the TG flight to BKK. You take off from Atlanta at 8.30 a.m. and 21.5 hours later you land in BKK.

There are dozens of combinations that will get you to BKK from Atlanta in 26 to 30 hours, some probably cheaper than the TG nonstop. It depends on how much you value the extra hours you save by flying the non-stop JFK-BKK-JFK. There is a non-stop Atlanta to Seoul flight of about 15.5 hours, but with the time it takes to change planes at Inchon and fly to BKK, it still works out to about a 24-hour journey.

Going via Europe will be a much longer journey, but not more time in the air. It is the arrival and departure times that don't mesh. About 10 to 12 hours on the ground between arriving at a European airport and take-off to BKK.

Evel

:devil:

• 1 month later...

Archived