Transport Phuket Airport - Patong

sanukdee

We figured it out when we arrived at the airport... Just go outside and on the right is a "Metered-Taxi" booth in bright yellow neon letters. Tell them where you are going and they'll give you a number to wait in line. You pay the metered price plus Baht 100 airport surcharge to the driver. We had to wait about 15 minutes because there were not too many taxis available. But it was worth the wait. The meter to Patong Villa Hotel came to 309 Baht and the driver asked for 400 (I gave him 440) . Almost got snagged at the official looking taxi-limo counter inside the airport. They wanted 1,300 baht to Patong! The taxis are similiar to the ones in Bangkok. We had a lot of bags but managed fitting them all in (one had to go in the front seat).

50 baht is the surcharge

Posted sign in the booth says it is 100. Somewhat surprised that when, to my distress, I discovered I could not cover the fare without offering a 1000 bht note, I asked for 500 bht back and got it. Still a rather hefty tip, but I was afraid of much worse.

Archived