Ministry to teach politeness to tourists

rickfarang

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with it....

LOS is a highly cultural norm society so if we are guests in their country, then we should abide by whatever guidelines they map out...

Conversely, we in the West much less driven by cultural norms and the need to group conform yet we ourselves are highly driven by gov regulations and standards...

Thus, tourists, residents or anything in between should repsect and abide our regulations when in the West....

A half a dozen or six of these. Basically same same is the bottom line...

If I was a thai tourist visiting the West, should i bitch about the expensive litter fines siince: 1. non-existent in native LOS and 2. The industrial West is still the greatest contributor of waste/environmental problems in the world. Then what's the point of this litter fine?

Whether right or wrong in our eyes, each country has that right to do what they think is doing some good....

CB

Carew Im not giving them credit, in fact quite the opposite. HOwever everywhere I see it when I am in china twn or vietnam, where they also use the sign, it goes in the reverse to the Nazi's, however reading this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

you could be right, note is was also used by British war bonds in WW1, and USA military units!

DOG

Archived