Ministry to teach politeness to tourists

rickfarang

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash while tend to agree, every guide book I have ever seen has extensive lists of do's and don

ts in Thailand. It's fairly well known

Point is Thais them selves rank well below most other countries when it comes to accomodating tourists. Double pricing etc.

Booklet for both camps is in order, and f only money for one, educate the Thais, Or you think thats not possibe :)

its not big deal this leaflet. Its their prerogative to do this. Even if some people are of the opinion, that Thais think too highly of themselves, that doesn't act as an excuse to avoid respecting the rules laid out in this leaflet.

As much as it is any individuals right to say they agree or do not agree with these rules...its also their right to agree or not agree with farangs actions.IMO

These booklets have been around for years - 6 years ago what was likely an almost identical Thai booklet was copied by the Lao tourism authority for use in the LPDR, if you look into government tourism efforts you could find a copy or two today... Why is it coming back now in Thailand? Check out who benefits from these supposedly traditional values, and then figure out whether that camp has recently gained greater powers - such as the power to hand out nonsense at the airport, like the hare krishnas...

YimSiam

For some reason, earier today, I had realized that it had been while since I had seen a sign of itsmedave. Now I sit here with tears streaming down my face from laughter.

Your points are well taken, as are those of KS. Keep in mind that what is impolite in Europe may be perfectly normal here in S.E. Asia.

Ditto here :grinyes:

A good example of hypocrisy...have you seen the nazi symbols openly worn by many thais? Swastika t-shirts, necklaces and tattoos?

The swastika symbol has origins in SE Asia that predate Hitlerâ??s hijacking of the image for his Nazi party.

It is actually a sacred image to Hindus and some Buddhists.

Archived