thai green curry

belfastish

Coconut is with very bad fats, which is why I am fat coz I love coconuts

DPG

No, in fact VIRGIN coconut oil contains saturated fats and that's what our bodies are not supposed to get but that is nonsense. Too much is not okay, just like anything else. The crux is that this is the only oil that can be heated to 230 degrees without turning toxic. Olive oil can be heated but not reused. Coconut oil can be used again if the residue from the fried product are scooped out of the oil. Virgin coconut oil is WHITE NOT YELLOW. Is sold in LoS too but mainly for skin. I dunno if this can be used for cooking and it does not contain any added toxins. I dont get fat from my curries and I love coconut in all its varieties. Now with Virgin coco oil if it does not smell like coconut it is processed and stripped of its goodies like Vitamin E. So get the fragrant one. Dog, what are you doing for sports and how much? The Thai diet is not that fattening compared to Western diets.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<>

That is a sweeping statement, now as much as i love thai food it isn't all that healthy, some is, some isn't, i have dialed in a 'western diet' as healthy as any thai one, so much thai food is deep fried, battered, full of palm suger, salt ridden fish sauces and the like, msg etc etc

I know about the sugar, fats and msg. I wasnt talking about all the fried stuff. There seems to be much more variety the last years. Talking about the Thai diet in general. In the West the veggies are so overcooked that there is no Life in them anymore. Big pieces of meat compared to the Thai way of a few pieces in balance with the carbs and veggies. Hell I know very well how many times after giving careful instructions in Thai about what I can eat and what not, that I still get fish sauce, sugar or msg in my food. Problem is with being vegan that if you get this shit in your food even the slightest amount tastes like a big intrusion. Another advantage of Thai diet is that you can eat the combi of protein, veges and carbs all day long and not just 3 times a day. In the Western diet you get (mostly) your veggies in one meal. That is not enough for vitamin and mineral intake. Better to eat small portions 5 to 6 times a day. Compared to Holland you can taste the veggies are grown in the sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And ripened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep Italian diet is pretty good cause of the olive oil, omega 3's and fresh salads. But it aint the best. If you wanna heal your body from disease or prevent it, a vegan/rawfood approach is a must. Above the Italian diet is the Japanese one where Macrobiotics is based upon. The fermented products like miso keep up the healthy bacteria in your gut. And your digestive tracts are the first ones that need to be cleaned out of all the sugars, transfatty acids, commercial salt, preservatives, antibiotics *the ones you have taken yourself and the ones that permiate your body cause you eat meat and fish, and other environmental toxins.

Guest lazyphil

i think we're singing from the same hym sheet, healthy eating is important combined with exercise of course (taken me 35 years to finally understand and act on it!), little point having a healthy diet and sitting on your arse......also if you smoke, quit, drink moderate it.....its quite possible to have a good diet including lots of cuisines, try and home in on the healthier meals and yes i can think of numerous thai ones but all my big favorites are the killers, masaman, green curry, kentucky style chicken from street stalls etc......even god forbin it english food cant do any harm, had a lovely lamb stew yesterday, veg, potatoes, meat and stock with wholemeal bread and butter to mop up!.....we cant live like monks but i've grown tired of hangovers, not fitting in 32 inch waste 501's and feeling exhausted 24/7.....feel free to give me some recipes for any of your fav dishes, i'm not going vegan/veggie but i'm more than prepared to try some out!

Archived