Good English Language School in Bangkok

Chlp

I know volumes have been written about the lack of high-quality language schools in Thailand, but search didn't reveal any useful information here on the board.

Can anyone recommend a good English language school here in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance!

British Council is very good - they have a few branches and the main one is at Siam Square. This is the best school in my opinion for a lady who is middle class or higher.

I'll probably get slammed for saying this, but if she is lady from the lower echelons of society, she may not fit in with the hi-so types there and may be better off at a different language school. In that case, I would recommend the Siam Square branch of ECC or AUA - but to study there she must have studied to at least "M3" level.

Yes, AUA is very good...not sure ECC is as good however, but it often depends on the branch you attend and the teachers therein..AUA tends to be cheaper as its 'non-profit'...others like wall street are just out for a quick buck and really don't aspire to any quality...altho' you wouldn't believe that from the hype!

The British council is good, but it can be expensive! Again, teaching quality varies...

Actually, probably quite a few contemporary bargirls attending Goodwill. Problem is that the classes are only once per week for 2 or 3 hours. ECC at Siam Square was good for my "ex", but, like noted above, will depend a lot on the teacher. ECC used to have a great program that included a year of instruction in both English and computers (keyboarding, powerpoint, excel, etc.) for a VERY reasonable price.

HH

Archived