Xmas Eve get-together

itsmedave

Too difficult to PM all my friends here...so, if we know each other...this message is for you...

You are hereby invited to attend our little get-together on Sunday, December 24th, from 5pm onwards (keep in mind that after 1am American Football will be on and you'll be shushed)

As it seems us buying an oven are a pipe dream, we plan to barbecue steaks. We will provide the meat, and egg nog. Feel free to bring other drinks, side dishes, desserts (especially desserts..Marcel), kids, poles, and girls to swing on them. A real traditional Thai Christmas.

Please RSVP so we know how many steaks to buy.

Happy Holidays!!!

Dave, Dee, and Katie

PM me for directions to our house if you haven't been

Damn I would have liked some Jingjoe meat.

Unfortunately the (muslim) manager of our comedygroup has decided in all his wisdom that on the 24th and 25th of December we will be playing in Hat Yai, Pattani and Betong :(

So no christmas for me I guess.

On a positive note though, I went to a casting today for a big Thai movie. The same production team as my previous movie and they would like me as the godfather of a farang maffiagang operating in Thailand who are in a war with the Japanese Yakuza. My character dies in a Jacuzzi with 2 naked girls.

I hope I get the part. Will know by mid Januari next year. But the producer and financer asked for me to play the part so good hopes I get it. Many farang speaking parts in this one for a Thai movie (5).

Waerth

lazyphil pulling a sicky is impossible. Although I definately would like a break from daily comedy, due to the tensions between me and the manager that is impossible.

I get along great with everyone but him. If I pulled a sicky he would heavily try to convince our grouphead to kick me out.

He is a typically Thai Alfa-Male who considers everyone below him to be stupid. And thinks that because a farang comes and works here they must be very dumb. He considers me brainless and argues that a farang cannot know anything in Thailand not even the directions to his own appartment because the farang is not Thai.

His parents were Pakistani immigrants but he was born here.

Mind you I would like some time off. But I need to pull some more tv and moviestuff first so it kinda keeps going and I get more wellknown. Then I can do whatever I like and come and go into the group when I wish. If I keep on track that might be in a year or maybe two years from now.

I was actually asked for an autograph in the "mall Ngam Wong Wan" when I was eating there today. I am slowly being recognized more and more. Just need to get to the part that I am bankeable.

Waerth

Guest lazyphil

how do you put up with a tosspot like that?!!money must be good!...access to hot and funny poontang!

i go to that mall on nangwangwong all the time when i'm there....if we meet u can have my autograph ;)

Money is bad for live comedy. It is the tv jobs and the moviejobs that I do it for. Directors are very susceptible for the ... I am a foreigner, but I am family argument ... which leads to them giving me jobs instead of random other farangs.

Also me being one of 2 foreigers who do this everyday. The other farangs do it just occasionally.

The girls yes absolutely, I have a lot easier access :) . Learning about Thai culture a lot. Learning Thai and slang.

I just keep on thinking about what hard work, putting up with loads of BS and a bit of luck could lead to.

I am certainly planning to expand my horizon to other, better paying, countries like India and my native country.

And yes I definately want your autograph :) I only was in the mall there today because the productioncompany, Phra Nakhon films, is close by on Pracha Cheun road where I went for the casting.

Waerth

Archived