Opera;best browser I ve used...

junglesoup

I noticed that also Mekong, but didnt comment. I was already bemused when CT said that opera users used it to stand out. I ve learned that CT is pretty much good at everything. hey CT, i m not having a go. I enjoy your postings. Afterall we owe the existence of this forum and all forums to you,LOL. Take care man.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I started professionally creating websites in 1996 when nobody knew what the internet is

Hate to contradict you mate but I used the internet at the university I worked at in the eighties. I think you might be confusing the internet with the World Wide Web which is at a higher protocol layer and was originally created at CERN in the late eighties, early nineties. Btw I logged onto the WWW the first time in 1992.

regards

ALHOLK

Hate to contradict you mate but I used the internet at the university I worked at in the eighties. I think you might be confusing the internet with the World Wide Web which is at a higher protocol layer and was originally created at CERN in the late eighties, early nineties. Btw I logged onto the WWW the first time in 1992.

The people in Europe and especially germany wouldn't call it World Wide Web, at least nobody I know! Students of course knew about it but not the population, they might have heard about a network but nobody did really know what it is, what it would become and especially not how to get access! That was actually what I meant, when I started it was already very big in other countries (Germany likes to wait) but here nobody was using it! The only ISP was Compuserve and it was freaking expensive!

Mekong, there has been companies who saw their chance to publish their products or their company profile for their foreign partners/contractors/buyers/whatever! Stupid question btw, the business plan was obviously a good one according to the rapid growth of the internet and the need for websites ;)

Funny how different your reaction is on exactly the same words in just 6 months. The last time I wrote the same thing you said that I remind me of yourself when you were young and now you think it is funny!

I think you are funny that you feel tempted to even react on my post! :neener: It's cute that someone who claims to be wiser, older and smarter needs to stalk a kid like me which is nothing but pretentious in your opinion!

Yeah man, I respect you for beeing such a strong and content guy! :thumbup: :grin:

Archived