Opera;best browser I ve used...

junglesoup

I have been using the opera browser now for 2 months instead of internet explorer.

Just want to say that its excellent. Much much better than internet exp.

Its easy to use, got many many features, got lots of search engines, you can add some useful widgets also. And to me it seems quite fast.

Its also got its own bit torrent downloader which is handy.

ANyone else using this and what do you guys think?

If you havent tried it then you should IMHO

opera

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Have been using Firefox for a long time and have been very happy with that, so see no reason to change to Opera. Definitely will not be using IE.

(IE pissed me off again today. Had done a design which worked fine in FF, looked at it in IE and it fucks it up completely :( )

Sanuk!

Been using Opera as first choice browser for years now - so impressed i still pay for an operamail pop3 accoount!

Now also have to use Torpark (Firefox based) occasionally to bypass stupidity - haven't bothered seeing whether there's a ffox equivalent to swapping tabs, ie just press 1 to move to tab to left, 2 to the one to right, and then the cool left/right clicks etc to move back and forward thru pages....

coops

Hi, I'd like to add something to the discussion.

I am a huge fan of Firefox. I like Opera, too, but Firefox offers a some advantages. On older, slower computers I recommend Opera because on older computers Opera has a much better perfomance than FF or IE.

And IE, well, it's got tabs now. When I have to use it there's still something missing. When I right-click on a link very often I miss the option 'open in new tab'. Very annoying, either open on the same tab or in a new window.

One thing that Opera doesn't offer is a phishing filter. I got two phishing emails today. both claiming to be from citibank, and very obvious phishing mails. Nevertheless I tried the link. FF warned me about it, in a way one can't miss to notice. IE7 warned me about it, also in a way one can't miss, and can't misunderstand. FF, IE7, well done.

Opera: does not have a phishing filter.

So for me in the end it's Firefox plus about 15 add-ons.

• 1 month later...

Archived