Opera;best browser I ve used...

junglesoup

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opera has opened the doors for Firefox, It has invented tabbed browsing and it IS faster than Internet Explorer but it is also a pain in the Ass for web developers! I started professionally creating websites in 1996 when nobody knew what the internet is, I was the 3rd web designer in Germany if my informations are correct. It is impossible to create an advanced design for Opera because it is interpreting html slightly different from the norm. Some advanced designs require 100% precision which opera ignores and turns the precision into variable width, therefore many sites look messed up. I've tried to pull it off for weeks until I decided to talk with them directly and I was told that Opera doesn't support the html 4.0 standard, it was an impossible mission. My server stats showed that opera is used by 1.8% of the users and I decided to forget about this browser for good!

Firefox is the fastest browser IF you install the plug in "fasterfox", according to the test results it is 12.6% faster then the next fastest browser which is Internet Explorer 7 with the MyIE transfromation plug in. Internet Explorer itself is the slowest and most ridiculous browser in the world, but 80% of the people are using it because they are afraid or too ignorant to use something else!

However.... People who want to stand out will use Opera, people who don't know better use MIE and people who like better performance use Firefox!

Hi,

"Firefox is the fastest browser IF you install the plug in "fasterfox","

Think I tried this but didn't notice much difference.

The plugin I *love* is 'webdeveloper'. It is a great asset when doing webwork. 'Firebug' is very good as well.

IE tends to piss me off. I design in FF and inevitably when then viewing it in IE, once it looks great in FF, it fucks up :(

Sanuk!

I dont use opera to "stand out". I just like the user interface and I m not worried about designing a website.

I didn't mean you have to worry about designing a website, but you will see more websites messed up! :)

The user interface is not that much different than Firefox or the IE7, have you tried firefox already, I bet you gonna like it!

Hi,

"Firefox is the fastest browser IF you install the plug in "fasterfox","

Think I tried this but didn't notice much difference.

Depending on your broadband connection you will experience a huge difference! If your connection is slower than 2mbit Firefox is already doing an optimized job. Fasterox is doing nothing else then disabling your cache during the loading time and caches the site when entirely loaded which gives more performance to your computer! While the hard drive is writing the cache there is a minor slow down depending on your system unless you have a scsi hard drive!

BTW KS

you asked me once about the crash report feature on Firefox since you never got that when it crashed, you make this decision during the installation and the first start of the program!

I started professionally creating websites in 1996 when nobody knew what the internet is,

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Another "I am Better than everyone" CT Moment

Could you please explain your business plan of writing websites if no one knew how to access them?

For the record, majority of the people I associate with knew about Tim Berners Lee's work before August 1991, his ENQUIRE principle was well studied in computer science lectures in the mid 80's.

Archived