recommended hotels

expat28Bangkok

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw the receptionist from a guest house I stayed in one time down Beach Road.

When she saw me in order to save face :o she pretended that she had been waiting to meet a friend and walked back to the guest house with me.

Just because she is working at a guest house doesn't mean anything about her health, if she was working at the Marriott I would believe she was clean because they have mandatory health checks!

I don't know what the agenda is or where people get their statistics from :confused: but your average Beach Road freelancer is just as likely to be as clean as your average bar beer/go go girl. Some of them don't work bar but have other occupations. Some of them don't live in Pattaya but come in at night or on weekends. It's as simple as that and that's why they work Beach Rd.

Suk, no offence but this stuff makes me mad, for starters you can get these stats from the tourist police, they will tell you that Beach Road girls are usually underage, drug addict, thieves or HIV positive. The same information you get at open minded tourist informations. There is a reason why hotels usually don't allow them, I bet a guest house doesn't but a hotel does, they require an ID which is something that 90% doesn't have because in Pattaya you get your ID taken when you are female HIV positive! Some borrow IDs from friends.

It is some really dangerous stuff you say here, not only that these girls have serious health issues or are underaged which could bring you some serious jail time, if they drug you, knock you out and steal from you, you have no place to go, with a bar girl you have the bar to talk to which have the address of the heir employees!

A girl which comes for one night or for a weekend puts herself on beach road to make some small money? Yeah right :confused: !!! Pattaya clubs and discos are admission free, if she has an ID she would go to Lucifers, Marine or Tonys (no ID needed at Tonys but having trained personal who sort out BR girls if they spot one) and get a customer there and has some fun on top of it, she also gets payed at least twice as much. Beach Road is short time sex, if the girl comes for one night only she needs a place to sleep, beach road doesn't provide that, it all makes no sense and as I said before it is highly dangerous to claim something like that, someone might believe it!!!

A hand full of girls might work on beach road to make some extra bucks next to their job but that is the exception.

I agree with you on that.

Considering Walking Street a shopping mile, claiming the beaches in Pattaya are clean and agreeing that Beach Road girls are nothing to worry about?

:grin:

I respect everyones opinion; I really do, I just wonder (honestly) if you say those things to stand out from the crowd (no offence)

I bet a guest house doesn't but a hotel does, they require an ID which is something that 90% doesn't have because [color:red]in Pattaya you get your ID taken when you are female HIV positive! [/color]

CT, First I ever heard this, that an HIV positive girl gets her ID taken away. Certainly an added cause for alarm when finding a girl who claims she lost her ID card... :o

Just because she is working at a guest house doesn't mean anything about her health,

[color:orange]Agreed. [/color]

you can get these stats from the tourist police, they will tell you that Beach Road girls are usually underage, drug addict, thieves or HIV positive. The same information you get at open minded tourist informations. There is a reason why hotels usually don't allow them, I bet a guest house doesn't but a hotel does, they require an ID which is something that 90% doesn't have because in Pattaya you get your ID taken when you are female HIV positive! Some borrow IDs from friends.

[color:orange] What you're talking about is merely hearsay. I don't think there's actual statistical information about who or what is on Beach Road. I accept that some of them look skanky but others are alright. Yes, there's no way to tell from appearance as to whether a woman has hiv, unless she's got full blown Aids with Karposi's Sarcoma for instance or looks severely malnourished. As for underage stuff, that my friend seems a little melodramatic. [/color]

It is some really dangerous stuff you say here,

[color:orange]Really? People have been going with prostitutes, streetwalkers etc for millenia. Beach Road is the scene in the raw. No fancy lights or music. It's not for everyone admittedly but I think some of the geezers here are capable of telling a spade from a spade and looking after themselves. [/color]

A girl which comes for one night or for a weekend puts herself on beach road to make some small money? Yeah right :confused: !!!

[color:orange]Believe it. [/color]

A hand full of girls might work on beach road to make some extra bucks next to their job but that is the exception.

[color:orange]I referred to the "average" bird down there. Maybe that was the wrong term. Perhaps I should have indicated that a "proportion" of them are normal birds out for extra cash. That is what I intended to infer. I do not doubt that there are some potentially dodgy old boilers down there and accept that usually with a go go/bar beer girl there is some comeback if they try to rob you. I also accept that some may be more than a little concerned about being drugged/murdered in their sleep. However Beach Road is an option which is open to all although not palatable to all. :cool: [/color]

Nothing unreasonable in your answer, just let me say something about the statistics and let me proof to you that it is more than hearsay, please!

Every thai person who is tested HIV-Positive can choose to get treated by the "HAART" (Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Therapy) The Doctors Without Borders have made a deal with Roche to provide Didanosin to the patients. However, they estimate that 85% of the HIV Positive tested persons are taking the treatment offer. There is no obligation to register that you are HIV positive in Thailand but if you wanna be a part of that treatment program you have to give them your ID card in order to get accepted (as prevention not to get employed by bars) What they get is a special identification that allows them to pick up the medication! Police is checking girls on Beach Road for papers and if they can't identify themselves they are taken to the police station and their purses, pockets etc.. get checked and that is how they can tell she is infected when they find the medication "passport" and there is also a rumor that the police has access to an "unofficial" list of the people treated with that program.

These statistics aren't 100& accurate since many have fake IDs and others don't commit to this program but that only makes the real numbers worse then the statistics they provide! A girl I was once very close to is HIV positive and I have supported her in the first weeks and made sure she is committing herself to the treatment, that's how I have learned about that they take their IDs.

Beach Road girls are sick, it is more than a rumor and a healthy girl who is working there is putting herself into the wrong spotlight, there are better places where a girl can work at daytime/nighttime where she would make more money!

Archived