Gamerooms

What are those websites where I see all the young Thai kids playing those games in those roms with 20 computers? I have seen them near Panthip Plaza any ideas on the websites they are acessing? I want to play those games... Any help appreciated...

Mykal

Ummmm sony playstations?

Ummm, I don't think so.

Try Tribes2, Team Fortress (least that's what I used to play), Quake, Unreal, and a few others.

They have even setup computers in the middle of the emporium for kids to come and play.

Basically, these computers are loaded with the games. They either connect via the local network and play local games, or if the computers have a fast internet connection, connect to online games (via the game software) to play folks all over the world.

Can't do this type of stuff with a playstation.

If you want to play those games, then by the game and practice alone. When you have the keyboard mapped like second nature, then venture into the computer gaming centers. If you don't know the keyboard mapping before hand, you'll get smoked, hehe.

<<burp>>

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: gummigut ]

Yep , they are network gamers playing kill everybody games ( goes well with yaba ) , there was a funny few posts a couple of months ago about the net cafe that was pumping yaba into the kids in Chaing Mai , the kids were up all night & burnt their brains out , Ha Ha Ha !! More money for the cafe . shocked.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Those Thai kids are amateurs. Someone has to teach them when you come to a LAN party you bring your own PC with a pimped out mod case to intimidate everyone before you sit down and frag!!! I remember my first LAN party, thought I ws a hotshot walking in the room with a Lian-Li PC-60 aluminum cut out case(I won't bother to bore you with the specs of the hardware inside). I received many "who is this guy?" looks. Unfortunately, my gameplay was crap that day concentration was off.

quote:

Originally posted by mykal:

What are those websites where I see all the young Thai kids playing those games in those roms with 20 computers? I have seen them near Panthip Plaza any ideas on the websites they are acessing? I want to play those games... Any help appreciated...

Mykal

Mykal you can purchase any of those games yourself or just have a gamer burn u a copy.

As far as LAN parties are concerned, they have them in NYC, u just have to access the local gaming sites and BB's to find out where they are. When you go to a LAN party you have to bring your own box and personal input devices and please don't walk in there with a Dell or Gateway because then everyone will know you are a fresh meat newbie (Hardcore gamers build their own PC's). I would suggest that you practice tons until you can play your favorite game blind folded before u go to a LAN party.

quote:

Originally posted by mykal:

Mykal

It's CounterStrike... A thoroughly addictive game where the basic idea is you run around shooting people who aren't on your team. There's also a vague story based around terrorists and counter-terrorists but that's not really the important bit.

Anyone else out there play? I'm no whiz but it'd be fun to get a farang team together one day.

Cheers!

Archived