Taxi fare to airport

Roger_Baby

Got a taxi by Bumrungrad hospital on Saturday afternoon and proceeded to the new airport in light traffic. The fare was 195 baht plus 65 baht for tolls.

We have to admit that is excellent value. Never been tempted to get a private limo at what 800++

Chelseafan,

Forget the taxi rank. Go upstairs after you get in the arrivals hall and grab a taxi dropping someone off at departures. Should be the same as what the guys wrote above - about 200B plus tolls.

The cabbie will be eternally grateful he doesn't have to wait in line for a fare and will (should) switch the meter straight on.

Learn these three sentences for when you open the cab door...

1) "Yak ja bai Sukhumwit Soi See Khrup"

(I would like to go to Sukhumwit Soi 4)

2) "Burt meter dai mai khrup"

(Can you open the meter?)

3) "Bai thaang doo-un khrup"

(Use the tollway)

Even if these are the only 3 Thai things you can say, he'll think "you speak good Thai" and assume you know what your doing (even if you don't!) and switch the meter on.

(Sorry if the English spelling of Thai looks weird... best I can translate it as! And its late... and I've had a few Jim Beams!)

Cheers!

MooNoi

Piggy

you could contribute a couple of lessons for beginners in the language section!

i would sponsor a bottle of Jim Beams to improve content further! :neener:

Hi Samak,

I would do that happily, but there's quite a few blokes on the forum here with better Thai than me!

Yourself and Hua Nguu to name just two!

Wouldn't want you guys laughing at my Thai!!

:beer:

Forget the taxi rank. Go upstairs after you get in the arrivals hall and grab a taxi dropping someone off at departures.

The cabbie will be eternally grateful he doesn't have to wait in line for a fare

That's the theory, but in practice it is not allowed and will likely take more time.

Last Sunday we did just that, only to have to wait 15 minutes as police stopped every taxi carrying passengers and giving them a lecture. The driver pleaded surprise and ignorance (really, had no idea, won't ever do it again) although I'm sure he picks up passengers every time he gets there.

Archived