My Office Shook. Islamabad Marriot Bombed

Fidel

Perhaps "traditionally supported Pakistani military dictatorships" is slightly more accurate; and IMHO their support has usually been related more to the Afghanistan issue than the Indian issue.

Problem is, what was meant to be a military government for a limited period, has become kind of perpetual and the "War on Terror" has pushed the government down the road of forced disappearances and extra judicial killings.

Additionally, the Federation of Pakistan is now weakened because of the WoT. The US insisted that Pakistan's army go into Waziristan in a big way, in effect occupying a part of the federation that has more in common with Afghanistan than Punjab; with bloody consequences.

I fear this might mark the beginning of a campaign in Punjab. Only the other day I was thinking about how strange it is that Islamabad is rarely attacked.

Guest lazyphil

fidel the infidel :D ....good to see u are ok, how about the photo blog you spoke of, views around your flat, markets, local characters etc, that would be interesting.

Archived