1/3 Iraq wounded infected with super bug

foreigner

http://www.sanicare.co.uk/Category.asp?CategoryRef=3

i wonder about these products.

if they are so wonderful and claim to prevent MRSA then why don't the UK use them in Hospitals?.

where i work we have used similar gel for Years and the public have been brainwashed into thinking the gel will protect them from all infections.......what fucking shit.

a high percentage of People have the MRSA virus and can pass it on but not suffer from the effects.

i could have MRSA and pass it on to another person and vice versa.

but the populous will not believe that i could have caught it from them...... :banghead:

if so then why do not the NHS buy and use them?.

The NHS does buy the stuff by the tanker load but staff( especially medical staff!!) don't use it.

Its known that staff are the main culprits in spreading MRSA but no-one dare screen them as we'd have to close evry hospital.

JP

as i said before my Hospital have used some kind of gel for Years.

but never one which claims to prevent MRSA.

my point is that many products claim to give some sort of protection,if so why doesn't the NHS buy it and advertise the fact?.

you have no idea how many times a Day i wash my hands and use Gel,so i should be 'clean'.

but am i?.

who knows because as you say Staff are not screened for the infection,it would cost too much Money to screen all of us.

but all patients are tested whenever they are admitted and if found positive then they are isolated.......in my Hospital at least.

'Its known that staff are the main culprits in spreading MRSA'

now i understand........

i stop at a petrol station and fill up,the next person who touches that pump is infected with MRSA.

i use an ATM and whover toches the buttons after me catches MRSA.

and all because i work in a Hospital?...... :banghead:

but i am not at risk from anyone who might have MRSA in the first palce and who might pass it on to me?.

but this cannot be so because i am so dirty and the general populous are so clean....... :dunno:

don't see the point of me trying to protect others in that case as it seems i am a pariah and 'unclean'

Most hospitals do advertise the fact that these gels are used to prevent MRSA spread, look in the NHS logistics catalogue and see the range of alcohol based gels and the publicity that accompanies it.

Its not a matter of being a pariah, the staff carry MRSA,they are constantly exposed to it.The issue for the staff is the contact they have with immune compromised individuals. Normal healthy people have nothing to fear from MRSA.Its wounds and infections that are exposed to MRSA which cause the fatalities.

JP

Archived