What Do Customers Want in a Bar?? What Don't They Like?

Gadfly

Singapore Steve

it is definitely nice of you to tip the girl sitting with you instead of buying her a drink. Of course 130 baht for a small glass of coke is not the appropriate price for this drink, but somehow the owner has to pay the lease, the, salaries, the electricity and so on. The girl gets 40 baht for the drink. The regular coke would be 90 baht (+40 baht lady drink), the lady coke is only half sized, at least 4 ice cubes and it is not even 30% of the regular amount of coke! Yeah many bars doing that because they want her to finish the drink quick!

I am going to charge 100 baht for a drink, have 1 ice cube max which gives me about 36 baht per lady cola after salaries of the bartender, her comission and taxes!

You also don't do the girl a favor by not buying her a drink, because there are drink quotas to get the full amount of salaries, way more drinks than necessary gives her a bonus. My best guess is that a girl who gets tip from you but no drink either gets her quotas in no time or is simply polite!

Just a comment on the situation, no critique of course! Up to you!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The smell from the bars come from the floors and wood. Using a stone floor with tiles is a good solution or a spray-on pvc floor which you can give any color you like! Don't use wood without 3 layers of waterproof finish and don't use these (attn: language barrier) fluffy covers, use only washable material like artificial leather, pvc and latex. The industry has very good solutions to make this material breath so you won't sweat your ass off and your pants wet. There are some very cozy solutions and you will never have problems with the smell and especially not with the hygiene. You can use almost the same spray on that people use at tanning beds. We gonna have 2 service girls, cleaning after the shows and cleaning after the customers has gone! I hate smell I want it taken care of!

As a bar-free visitor to LOS is there one that could be described as dimmly lit and smoke filled, playing nice blues (Miles Davis, Muddy Waters, BB King, Willie Dixon etc) where the girls aren't on a stage leaning against polished chrome poles, they just cruise around in slinky evening gowns and the bartender' name is Sam who stands silently polishing the glasses with a white towel and a toothpick in the corner of his mouth. ;) I might visit that bar if it existed.

CT, my priorities are the same as many previous posters. A decent selection of good looking girls with a decent attitude, cold beer and sensible prices and no pressure to buy LD's. I'm not tight but like to offer and not be asked. The other things are secondary to me. Obviously i'd prefer music i like but music that gets the girls dancing properly is more important as far as i'm concerned. Toilets and seating are way down the list in my book. Anyone who knows me would can tell that by the amount of time i've spent in Long Gun over the years! and the old dear who sits knitting and hands out bog paper to the girls has probably seen my cock more times than my wife?!

Simie.

Sure Simie, girls are the most important thing and Windmill is the best proof for it! Music for the girls? a handful of songs per night, no more, it is more important to play music for the customers, it is the people who pay and the girls are the people who get payed and want one of those customers. It is not an amusement park for girls, they work there and get payed for it! Good when they have some fun, better the customer has fun. Some bars play really silly music, the age range is huge and you need to put that into perspective, a good bar should have something for everyone, but that is maybe just my opinion, I will find that out myself :)

Sure there are different tastes and what is really important for the bar and you can't satisfy everyone that's for sure, but when you open a new bar you are going to try to make it as less crappy as possible and put some thinking into it! I actually don't care if a place has cozy seats or not but I don't mind if they are.

no shows!! I have never seen a show at a gogo that wasn't lame and oh-so-fake. Windmill in Pattaya is an exception, though you can't really call it a show, because the pussy-munching is nonstop. and it's real.

frequent thai music played is a very good idea. whatever gets the girls into it is a good thing in my book.

a progressive lady drinks policy: again, Windmill sets the bar high on this one: you ring the bell, you get a bottle of tequila to do with as you please for 1,000 baht (and presumably a flock of girls to your table), that's it. do the math...I've easily racked up a 1,000 bill in some places just buying those silly little individual drinks for 3-4 girls.

theme nights, outfit-wise. thursday nights at Dollhouse on Cowboy are great for this: no tops, just ultra-short jean cut-offs with the top button unbuttoned. exquisite, better than naked. except for the few dolts who wear the standard issue thai girl granny drawers under the shorts (?!?!?)

preahko

You are joking about how girls thinks about lady drinks I presume. I have never met yet a Thai who would turn down 100 baht now rather than getting 40baht *Maybe* at the end of the month, assuming its not cut. Assuming your not joking, why even quota them at all???? Just encourages more "buy me lady drink crap comments"

Cheers

SS

Actually you are right, they rather take the money, it is the typical thing, they count from 1 - 2 and hope the next number isn't 3.

Begging for drinks is a "no! no!" if I'd find out a girl is begging she has to face a talk with mamasan.

Quotas are necessary because all the girls want is a customer for the night, they would sit in the corner and hope someone detects them there or they would encourage you to leave asap, either way it is not good for the bar and since you can't look after every girl it is the best way to make sure that she is doing her ob, which is generating drinks and upselling herself!

So it wasn't a joke, and if you do that with one girl at one night there is usually no problem, if you'd come every night for the same girl there would be consequences for her, maybe she doesn't care or maybe she does but you would certainly help her more to get her quotas. It is non-negotiable, if she is meeting only 50% of her quotas she only gets the half of her agreed salary, since money is why they work there it is certainly not a joke. I also haven't invented the whole quotas thing, I am just trying to explain it to you!

no shows!! I have never seen a show at a gogo that wasn't lame and oh-so-fake. Windmill in Pattaya is an exception, though you can't really call it a show, because the pussy-munching is nonstop. and it's real.

The shows of Living Dolls Showcase and Angelwitch are certainly not lame, those two bars are the exception. Windmill is too small to have real shows. Windmill creates an atmosphere, you love it or hate it but it is by far the most crappiest looking bar with the most fucked up sound system ever. I like it because it is a fun time atmosphere!

frequent thai music played is a very good idea. whatever gets the girls into it is a good thing in my book.

Yeah it is good to initiate a good mood phase but don't forget that the most farangs really hate that kind of music and if you play too much you have all the girls in a good mood and the farangs pissed off! It's gotta be a decent mix, the age difference of the customers is up to 50 years!

a progressive lady drinks policy: again, Windmill sets the bar high on this one: you ring the bell, you get a bottle of tequila to do with as you please for 1,000 baht (and presumably a flock of girls to your table), that's it.

That is a very good idea, indeed. Guy gets drunk - having a good time - girls get drunk - having a good time.... brilliant idea, he is coming back for sure! Windmill is definitely an exceptional bar in all possible ways!

Archived