What Do Customers Want in a Bar?? What Don't They Like?

Gadfly

"Drink prices haven't raised in 10 months as far as I know!"

I don't recall it being 140b for a black coke until a few months ago - I could be wrong; it has been known to happen form time to time.

For me, this is really starting to push it - it is $3.75 USD for a drink - but, they use half the amount of alcohol, so really, it is $7.50 a drink at 140b because it is half a drink. Yeah, you can get a beer, but how many a night can you drink? I am voting with my feet as they say.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all know there are bar owners that view this and other sites, so for their benefit and for the benefit of customers, I think it would be useful if we listed what we like, what we don't like and what we would like to see in Thai bars.

This is not a survey; rather, it is more of a virtual focus group. It's win/win for owners and patrons. We may be a skewed crowd, but I still think it will provide some useful insight, even if some of this may seem obvious.

I will add my own likes, dislikes and desires later - after others have a chance to post theirs.

Here is my list.....

1. Friendly, good looking girls

It makes no difference if you've got the best looking girls in town if they dont spend time with the customers (i.e. LDS).

2. Good music

A mix of current songs and Thai songs so that the girls enjoy dancing. I hate the 2-step shuffle. If a girl is enjoying her evening, I'm more likely to have a good time myself.

3. Change up the shows

Its great to have shows but the problem is that most people are in town for a week or two and the shows are identical every night :banghead: You can only watch the same thing to the same song so many times.

4. Reign in the pushy girls

I like to spend money on lady drinks but refuse to do so when I feel like I'm being pushed to do it.

5. Good AC

I wont stay in a bar that doesn't have adequate air conditioning regardless of the girls, music and drink prices.

lost cause, I'm afraid...NO thais have been to mexico, they just feel it's another headache inducer, no thought to quality...

and speaking of which, jesus motherfucking christ, cuervo?!? talk about rat piss! have you ever actually BEEN to mexico or hung with mexicans? that's frat boy booze (read: pure piss, the only liquid the bitches deserve pouring down their cock-loving throats...) you're talking there. not even close to potable tequila, haha...

preahko

How the fuck anyone could say anything other than:

LOTS OF AVAILABLE GOOD-LOOKING YOUNG GIRLS NAKED OR IN SEXY CLOTHING VERY CLOSE TO NAKED*

.. I don't know. :dunno:

That's the ONE pre-requisite. I don't even need to think about the others when most bars don't even fulfill this one. Let's face it, if there were enough pretty available naked girls, if there was shit and dead bodies on the floor, you'd still walk in.

*Small note to Rainbow bars (though I doubt they'll be listening): "Put some sexy gear on those girls you lazy use-the-same-unsexy-bikinis-for-5-years bastards!" :mad: You've got the girls. Why don't you at least TRY to show a bit more using a bit more imagination in the costumes? Someone complained about pasties but I'd love to see something like that in Rainbow...

Agreed Bibblies....all i really want are good looking girls...build it and they will come....so why is it seemingly so difficult? There has to be an opening for an elite bar??? Where the girls are cute and the atmosphere is fun and relaxing.

Damn, i gotta do something.

...Music for the girls? a handful of songs per night, no more, it is more important to play music for the customers.

You certainly have that right. The music played may have a definite role in attracting the kind of customers you want. 60's/70's/80's will get you old farts like me...RnR guys with some Dire Straits and U2 thrown in. As much as I don't care especially for Madonna, she made some great songs for go-go's (if you actually have girls who can dance/improvise). A choreographers dream. Get a group of girls who can spend 30-60 minutes a day practicing to a few songs together and you won't be able to keep customers away. The idea of playing a little of everything enough to keep everybody happy and on the stools or in the booths sounds good if it can be done. I guess the best way is to informally survey the customers and ask them what they think of the mixture. I put up with so-so music at my favorite SC bar just cuz of the layout of the place and the friendliness and attractiveness of the girls.

HH

Archived