What Do Customers Want in a Bar?? What Don't They Like?

Gadfly

We all know there are bar owners that view this and other sites, so for their benefit and for the benefit of customers, I think it would be useful if we listed what we like, what we don't like and what we would like to see in Thai bars.

This is not a survey; rather, it is more of a virtual focus group. It's win/win for owners and patrons. We may be a skewed crowd, but I still think it will provide some useful insight, even if some of this may seem obvious.

I will add my own likes, dislikes and desires later - after others have a chance to post theirs.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good music,air, good lighting, attractive girls who are polite and will fuck your brains out if you barfine them. Cold beer served efficiently, restrooms downstairs,reasonable drink and barfine prices (and. of course. girls who quote reasonable prices). Location should be easily accessible.

HH

Comfortable seating for SURE! Places such as rawhide annoy the shit out of me with their miniscule leg room and fixed metal and brick tables/stands...the pain i've experienced from bashing my leg....and lie back and enjoy seating has to be considered a must...make the customer comfortable, he/she will stay and buy more drinks...

Decorating sometimes would be nice...damn the interiors of some bars are dire affairs...

and a decent, working clean hong nam PLEASE.

Really, i need to go into interior design for gogo bars...i could produce a killer...i just wonder why others seemingly cannot.

Long gun is the one that I bash a knee on everytime it seems into those "chimneys" for lack of a better word for those brick things that hold up the tables. They are just too close!

For bathroom, make sure there is at least soap available! I hate that being missing everytime. Also how about just a little privacy? I don't want to take a leak in front of an audience, whether it be punters or bargirls.

For music, I think it is morning and night (the one on the street close to nana) that everytime I walk past it I love what they are playing. But this one will be subjective. Any Thai music is also good to me.

But you gotta have good looking girls too and prices in line. Everything else aside, have good looking girls on tap and prices markedly below the others and you'll probably be guaranteed to get my business everytime.

Air con; girls who are allowed - and like - to sit with the customers, drink and have fun for more than a song at a time; late hours; interesting music - a mix of styles including yes some good luk tung favorites to get the girls going! More beer choices than the usual Chang/Singh selection. Naughty boy corners not a bad idea in some bars...

Archived