Thai360 Book Club

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I have everything from the last six months of the now defunct book club...including "Love in the Time of Cholera,"

"A History of Mankind" (or something like that), "The Orientalist", "No Country for Old Men", "In Cold Blood", can't remember the other titles now.

Also have Bill Clinton's autobiography, an Al Franken Book, a Michael Moore book, some titles by Anne Rice, Dean Koontz, Charles Dickens, Dave Barry, Piers Anthony, and Elmore Leonard. I also have the 4 book set of the Lord of the Rings.

I have the Interchange series, and a good TOEIC test preparation book with the cd's that come with it.

Somehow, I have a Hardy Boys book (not sure how), and many other miscellaneous titles. If you want, I can dig through them and post them here.

Please don't bring Joyce into this Flash. Run a poll, (I can't do it, I spent three hours setting one up the other day and it crashed and burnt :banghead: ), on how many people here read Ulysses, and THEN demand to know how many stole the essay on it from some learned book reviewers work if it was forced on them at school.

Fun things I had to read in American Lit:

- Magnalia Christi Americana by Cotton Mather

- Sinners in the hands of an angry God by Jonathon Edwards

- The Federalist Papers by a bunch of Feds

- assorted Melville (not too bad)

- poems by Hart Crane

- so much Faulkner I never read him again. :(

Archived