Fairtex Muay Thai Complex Pattaya

Sukhumvit

Hi! :tophat:

Anyone got experience of training at this facility?

Is it any good? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

I quite like the idea that there are tennis courts. Don't ask me why I just think that adds a little something to a sports complex. :monkey:

Plus they've got gym classes led by chicks named Noi and Nit. Not that I think extracurricular activities are on the agenda. :condom::nono:

So come on sports loving hotel staying chaps. Fess up. Enquiring minds want to know. :hubba:

Yes, trained there 2 times, when I went down to watch Noong Toom fight. It is o.k. The facility in Bangplee is more hard core Muay Thai. I train at Fairtex in SFO, and many top UFC fighters come through. They have something going for them...but are still a bit " corporate" to many people.

The camp I and 1-2 others like is Jitti Gym in BKK. There was another place in Pattaya, but I think Fairtex bought them out.

Thanks geezer,

will check them out in the next few days. Looking to do something other than sit on beach or in beer bar all day. Don't know if I'd stay there though. Seems a little pricey for Pattaya - 1500 - and wouldn't imagine it guest friendly. But I could be wrong and often am.

You can just pop in and train for a few sessions...I think something like 400bht a session...I think you can also get a training package without accomodation. Nice place, and say hi to Nong Toom for me!

There are still a few other camps there, that might be fun to try, as they'd be more Thai/hard core. Contact Sileakhunt for more info. You can get accomodation close by, for a lot less than 1500, and it would be guest friendly as well!

Jitti Gym is a camp, and they do have food and accomodation available on sight. It is a very basic camp, it is for serious minded Muay Thai practicioners...and guys like me. He has produced many champion fighters, and trained many fighters from around the world. For my money, it is the best camp in Bangkok...I think the level of training is better than Fairtex...with maybe 1-2 exceptions...(trainer wise).

Have a look...

http://www.jittigym.com/

I'll dig out some pictures from both places later, and post them.

Archived