hierarchy of thai asshole activity

preahko

haha, c'mon, you KNOW you want it...

1. the motherfuckers in those asshole cars with tinted windows who drive down those narrow sois full of pedestrians at something like 60 kph...and woe be it to thee if you happen to be a farang male, they'll swerve out of their way to come within a hair's breadth of hitting you...this game has a name, it's called "keng farang"...twice in the last month, I've had to physically JUMP in my soi to avoid a van coming head-on from hitting me...and I was already walking pressed pretty close up against the wall...

2. here's one for the ladies: those thai women (middle-aged dragon lady types are best at this)who, when you (you being a big gawky farang) inadvertently brush against them as you're walking down the sidewalk or maneuvering to get onto the skytrain, or, heaven forbid, actually accidentally step on 1 square millimeter of their foot...then they proceed to stand there with a pouty look and rub the "injured area" for the next 5 or so minutes...

and of course, a lot of these inadvertent brushes come from one just trying to walk a regular human pace, and sidestep the infamous "thai shuffle" (that glacially slow, erratic walking pace, two steps to either side--alternating in an unpredictable fashion--for every three steps forward...

3. hmm, I'm gonna let someone else take the ball on this one. discuss...???

preahko

Point number 1. I remember a mildly amusing event related to a car.

It was late night and I was sitting out the front of the Emporium. I was talking to someone and in that time I saw this new gleaming white porshe speeding past. Then I saw it agaion coming the other way. He must have drove up and down Suk about 10 times showing off.

I decided to get a taxi down soi24 and when I got to the junction that leads to soi 26 I saw a queue of traffic and some people standing around. Some Thai guy in an old beaten up pic up truck had drove into the side of the porshe. The taxi driver and me had a good laugh about it as we smuggly looked out the window.

Its bad to laugh others misfortunes...

Archived