Laos Peoples Democratic Republic

SiLeakHunt

Anyone who is in Vientiane for a few days should head to the Sam Lo Bar. Have a draft beer, and get chatting to some of the ex-pats. They'll point you in the right direction for some fun, oh and Christ knows who you'll meet in that place!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mate, we lived together for about nine months then I had to go back to OZ to sort out my divorce and property settlement thinking it would take a few months. I left her all the money I had, which wasn't much, but as the separation dragged on I suggested we both move on. I saw her three years ago and she had a baby to an American bar owner in Pattaya.

I certainly wish her all the best, she was my first real Asian GF and what I learned from her was beyond price.

I told the story of our relationship here.

http://www.thailandstories.com/article/non-fiction/river-of-dreams.html

The bar changed hands about 4 years ago when the English owner sold it to his manager, a Cambodian who's mother carried him as a baby, on foot, from the Killing fields to Lao. He had fairly heavy issues with the existing staff and got rid of the lot. The present group of girls have been there for about three years. They don't really relate to me as they know I was close friends with the original girls, who... as I recall were Da, Wa, Kip, the cook... can't remember her name, brought her English speaking uncle one day to offer herself to me as a replacement for Da, the girl I lived with...Ting, that was it.

God I had some great times there. Good cook, Ting always forgot to put the meal check in the customers check bin. With the benefit of hindsight I should have accepted her offer, lovely natured girl, looked Chinese.

Archived