Value for Life and Personal Responsibility

preahko

<< It seems it wasn't uncommon for Thai fishermen to board and rob them, raping the women along the way. Sometimes murdering and sometimes throwing the Viets overboard. So much for being Buddhist. >>

Thais are afraid of the fishermen too. It was a pair of them that raped and murdered Katherine Horton on Samui ... and then bragged to their friends about it!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

yes thai familys are very close nit and they lub thai children vely mutt, thats why i routinely see pappa riding his motobike at mach2 with a crash helmet on and 2 kids behind him hanging on for dear life unprotected :(

You wouldn't believe how many children are being raised by their maternal grandparents! Daddy scarpered when the kid was born, and mama is too busy to raise the kid(s). Visit some primary schools in working areas in Thailand and ask the teachers about it. Absentee parents seem to be the rule in much of Bangkok. Probably elsewhere too.

:(

Are we just waking up to the fact that thais are not all the smiling nympho's that we expect?

[color:red]No my friend, I'm not under any illusions anymore. Haven't been for a while. But sometimes, in a sober kind of mood and away from all the bullshit nightlife distractions, it's driven home to me how much care is actually taken of each other here. There's a callous disregard for others. The garish accident photos in newspapers and on tv emphasise that. There also seems to be a savage aspect to the Thai character which is pretty unpleasant.Or perhaps it's just the characters of the particular Thai people that I've met in the milieu that I, and many other board members, have mixed in?[/color]

Its a farcical country and that sometimes makes knowing when to laugh or cry difficult. But after all is said and done I like the girls, that why I stick it out.

[color:red]Yeah, that's about the size of it for me too. I used to get the Bangkok Blues real bad when I'd return to the UK. Seemed like I used to spend every available hour outside of work on the net checking out ASFO or the Sanuk board. Looking for snippets of info on Thailand. Myself and a couple of guys who I'd travelled with here used to talk constantly of coming back and reminisce about the fun we'd had. Haven't had the Bkk Blues for a while. Don't dream of coming to live here anymore. Even now I'm in a situation where I could realise that dream it doesn't hold any great allure anymore. I don't speak very much Thai and sometimes wish I spoke even less than the amount that I do speak. The way some bar girls talk about "us" is ridiculous. :crazy: Kind of takes the shine off things. :( [/color]

Funny thing is, many of the guys who live there in BKK/Thailand will state how nasty Thais are, Xenophobic, rasict, liers, cheaters, deceptive, manipulative etc...and yet, some other guys will exempt Bar girls from this lot and make them all out as honest, sweet innocent creatures..."different" for lack of a better word...of course, getting a piece of ass can cloud one's judgment...

We've got a lovely little phrase in the UK for guys who can't see the bad in their girl. "Cuntstruck." :D In fact just the other night I had some ladies in a bar telling me that another farang was not well as he was crying "too mutt". Seems that he'd taken a fancy to one of the girls in that bar who'd since fucked off with another farang. Faithful as a terrier, night after night he'd return to the same bar. Sit there nursing a beer, crying. Feeling sorry for a fellow countryman in distress I struck up conversation with him. He still didn't get it about his girl. She was special. Yeah, go tell that to the marines... :smirk:

I had a neighbour who married a cute BG less than half his age. The neighbour was a really decent guy, plenty of money too, and treated his wife like a queen. But after a couple of years, his Mrs buggered off with some young Oz fella who didn't have a pot to piss in.

The neighbour was in absolute shock, so we took him out to the bars a few nights in a row. He finally looked at us, shrugged and said, "You know, Bangkok is a great city to get over a broken heart in."

Life goes on.

:beer:

Bangkok is a great city to get over a broken heart in.

Life goes on.

:beer:

Yes indeed.

Sometimes after thinking too much with the big head it's good to just think with the little head for a while. Although it's the little head that gets these guys screwed up in the first place. :D

Thais refuse to take responsibility!

IMO' date=' that is the core of the problem.

If they take responsibility, they admit wrong doing and lose face.

[/quote']

Can't say I agree with that observation. I think the OP was more about getting involved. I don't see how that can cost face.

As mentioned in the OP:

..."she saw a car--driven by a thai--hit a thai child, about 8 years old by her estimation, and then, of course, the car drove off as fast as he could while the child lay there, potentially dead or dying..."

The driver drove off = not taking responsibility

If the driver would have stopped and in effect admitted his actions, he would have lost face as he did something careless and bad....IMO.

Archived